Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorelias75
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2009

Hello fellow ploggers!

about www.FreeFilmPosters.com
    I noticed that those albums that have many many photos do not show right... they tend to 'expand to the right'.
    I want all my Gallery pages to have a width of 1000 and to show four thumbnails on each line.... this is fine with
    those albums that have around 300 photos.... those that have more (for example check the albums "C" or "S") they, kind of, fell apart....
    please let me know how do I fix the width in my theme (or elsewhere) to show 4 thumbnails (which is around width=1000)...

cheers!
    • CommentAuthorelias75
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009

anyone? pls let me know.... I really need to get this fixed asap! thanx :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009

elias,

I believe this is because of the number of page links you have on the page that is causing the width to shift over. I'm still looking into the best way to fix it, but I think this is the issue.
    • CommentAuthorelias75
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2009

sidtheduck,

yes it appears that this is the issue.... the same happens when you get numerous search results....

thank you for your time to look upon this

cheers
    Elias
    • CommentAuthorelias75
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2009

any updates? please let me know..... thanx!
    • CommentAuthorelias75
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009

please heeeelp!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2009

elias75,

How would you like to handle it? Truncated pagination like this post? Wrap the pages to 2 lines? Shrink the page links?
    • CommentAuthorelias75
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2009

sidtheduck,

yes I would like to have truncated pagination that will show only 10 pages and some other indicator for placeholder pages.
    In albums and search results please

cheers!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2009

elias75,

Please download the SVN trunk (at least for revision 603). Once downloaded, upload the files to your server (overwriting any same-named files) and run plog-admin/_upgrade.php to update to the current database. Then, use the plogger_pagination_control function in the footer.php file of the Air theme as an example of how to use the pagination.

Basically you just add a number to your pagination control to truncate the page links list like so:
    Old theme function:
    plogger_pagination_control();
    New theme function:
    plogger_pagination_contrtol(5);
    will truncate the page list to 5 maximum links, always showing the first and last page links, and separating the rest with ellipses (...).

Please note that the minimum number you can have is 5 as anything less does not work (i.e. 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 38 = 5 total. If you had 3 it would be 1 ... 5 ... 38 and you could not navigate the middle section).

Let me know if you run into any issues or have any questions.
    Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorelias75

I am using this version: 1.0-RC1-Rev601 do I still have to download the SVN trunk and go through the database update? - just checking....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

yes, but the upgrade process should be much shorter than when you upgraded to r601. Mostly just a database update, not images, or themes etc. Just remember to not save over your modified theme when you upload the new files! :D
    Thankful People: elias75
    • CommentAuthorelias75

sorted!! The whole process took less than 3 minutes! I have set my pagination to 10 and I have exactly the desired effect! The galleries look so much better now! I only need to fix a couple of other bits on my template (totally irrelevant to plogger - just mentioning it) and it would be ace!!
    • CommentAuthorelias75
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009

hmmm it seems that I have a little 'issue' after the update....
    my gallery is shown via an include function on my template and on the very top left appears the <?php echo generate_title(); ?> function.... please check to see exactly what I mean... not sure how to fix this... although not a very big issue but it would be nice to fix it ....
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009 edited

elias75,

do you have <?php echo generate_title(); ?> in the head.php file in your theme? I think that's where the error is coming from.

I remember now, you asked for this. This fix has not been implemented in the current code, so you will have to edit the files per the email I sent (or I can send you a new set of files).
    • CommentAuthorelias75
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2009

sidtheduck,
    please check your email
    thanx!