Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthoralfonce
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2009

HI there.
    Has anybody got a hack to get rid of the collections level as I want the end user to jump direct to albums and I will create all albums in the one collection.
    I'm using beta 3 so the few worrkarounds I have seen won't work I don't thiink.
    Help appreciated.
    Ta,
    Alex.
    I think you should use the VERSION: 1.0-RC1-RevLastChangedRevision here if we don't created the second collection then automatically page goes to album level.with beta 3 I don't know what to do as Iam using the new version.
    • CommentAuthoralfonce
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2009

Thanks for that.
    Ideally I want to stick with beta 3 as its te most up to date stable version and as I was installing it on a server for f riend it was a right faff to install.
    So if anyone can provide a bet 3 method to bypass collections then great.

Alternatively what is this VERSION: 1.0-RC1-RevLastChangedRevision? Is it stable and supportedd? Where can I download? Is there an upgrade function built in so I don't have to remove beta 3 and start again.
    Thanks,
    Alex.
    • CommentAuthoralfonce
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009

Can anbody help with this please?
    • CommentAuthorfanz
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2009

Hi

There have already been discussions on this I believe.

Check out this post to remove the collection level:

http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/1977/how-to-disable-the-collection-concept-i-need-only-albums-and-pictures/

And this one to remove the collections from the URLs:

http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/2335/how-to-remove-collection-name-from-urls
    • CommentAuthoralfonce
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009

Thanks.
    yes it has been discussed and indeed I did follow those instructions but then decided it must not be for the beta 3 version as some of the code mentioned doesn't exist.
    Ta,
    Alex.
    • CommentAuthoralfonce
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2009

I have now gone to version 601
    •  
      CommentAuthorkimparsell
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2009

alfonce: Revision 601 is the latest SVN version. Most of the bugs have been fixed and it has a lot more features than the Beta3 version. It is stable enough for you to use with your gallery.

As sarigamanakodam stated, in Revision 601, you can create one collection and place all of your albums in that single collection. The collection level will be automatically bypassed and your gallery will open up at the album level.