Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorfxfxfx
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009

Hi there.

I have been using Plogger for the last four years. With tweaks, hacks and mods. It's great.

Now I need to change the intermediary photo size, which is easily done via the admin interface.

My problem is that the intermediary photos are only updated for the recent gallery albums (roughly those less than one year old). When I access the older galleries and albums, from 2006-2008, no changes in the displayed intermediary photos happens, no matter how much I clear the local browser cache, hit F5 or similar local clearing attempts :)

How do I make Plogger implement intermediary photo resizing across all galleries and albums for the visitors?

The same lack of changes across all galleries happens for thumbnail resizes, as well. Meaning only the recent galleries/albums reflect any resizing changes...

Thanks!!

Frank
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeNov 7th 2009

Do you have a link, fxfxfx? My guess is that your old original images may be smaller than the intermediate image size. The current code does not "size up" images to result in a pixelated large size.
    • CommentAuthorfxfxfx
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2009

Hello Sid.

The original photos are never less than 1024 x 768, even back in 2006. In other words, the intermediary are all and always a down-sized version of the original photos. I appreciate your help and suggestion, but I can assure that the lack of resize implementation across galleries are not due to the photos being equal to or smaller than the size of the intermediary photos.

Hence, the problem remains. Older intermediary photos are not resized, after changing the sizing in options. I have changed the size from 500 px to 595 for the longest side.

Any further ideas and help is appreciated. Thanks.

Frank
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009

Okay, just thought I would check. Another thought would be that if you have been using Plogger for the past 4 years, which version are you running? I'm not sure when the automatic thumbnail re-generation was added, but I can go back and look at my legacy copies of old Plogger releases.

However, if you are at least at Plogger 1.0beta3 (aka beta3 or 3.0beta), then you should be able to do 1 of 2 things:
    1. Go to Admin -> Options and change the size of Intermediate images to something else. Save. Then change it back. This should reset the timestamp for the intermediate images and cause them to be re-generated.

2. You can attempt to manually delete all (or at least the LARGE) thumbnails from the thumbs/ folder (plog-content/thumbs/ folder if you are on the newest release of Plogger). Then, since the files no longer exist, they will be re-generated.
    • CommentAuthorfxfxfx
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009

Hi Sid.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am using an old Plogger upgraded to version 1.0beta3, but not to 1.0RC1, yet. I am running 1.0RC1 on a test site with dummy content, before moving the two production sites to the RC1 version.

OK, back to the intermediary photo resizing puzzle.

I changed the intermediary photo size from 500px to 595px approximately a week ago. I have no idea why this has failed the intermediary photos to be re-generated. I even changed it to 600px and back down to 595px again 5 minutes ago, just to make sure. Still, no luck in installation-wide resizing of intermediary photos.

Just retate the last advice, to ease my nerves, please: you want me to delete all (or all wrongly/small sized - 500px max) intermediary photos or do you refer to thumb nails only? I have the same problem with thumb nails, but it is not of importance to my setup. It is the resizing of intermediary photos, that is my target. Deleting content gtom the /thumbs folder will help on the intermediary photos to re-generate all intermediary photos to the admin panel set size of 595px?

Thanks for re-confirming, Sid!

Frank
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009

Posted By: fxfxfxJust retate the last advice, to ease my nerves, please: you want me to delete all (or all wrongly/small sized - 500px max) intermediary photos or do you refer to thumb nails only? I have the same problem with thumb nails, but it is not of importance to my setup. It is the resizing of intermediary photos, that is my target. Deleting content gtom the /thumbs folder will help on the intermediary photos to re-generate all intermediary photos to the admin panel set size of 595px?
    Yes, you can delete any / all files or photos from the thumbs/ directory and they will be regenerated. Just DO NOT delete the original images located in the images/ folder and you'll be fine.
    • CommentAuthorfxfxfx
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009

Thanks, Sid.

Deleting the intermediary photos from the /thumb directiry worked like a charm.

Thanks for keeping helping out in the forum, in general, Sid. Quite a stamina and 'helping spirit' you got. Impressive.

Frank