Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorLukeither
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009

sidtheduck, I have a question along the same lines with regards to moving my plogger installation.

Currently, it's in the development area on my host server and needs to be moved to my clients server once the development is complete without reinstalling and customizing again.

Please advise,

Thanks in advance for your support.

Lukeither Willingham
    Lukeither Multimedia & Design
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009 edited

oh, okay. If you are moving from 1 server to another here are the steps I would take:

1. Download any images (from plog-content/images/) and theme files (from plog-content/themes/) you would like to transfer.

2. Export your SQL database from phpMyAdmin or SQLbuddy or some other sql service.

3. Download your old plog-config.php file.

4. Install a fresh installation of Plogger on the new server. You can run the plog-admin/_install.php script if you like, but it is not necessary

5. Upload the images to the new plog-content/images/ folder and the themes to the new plog-content/themes folder.

6. Add a new database to your new server.

7. Import the SQL database backup / export you did in step 2

8. Alter your plog-config.php file for the correct SQL information for the database you just created and upload plog-config.php to your new server

9. Login to the admin section and change the Gallery URL to the new server domain.

That should do it for you.
    Thankful People: Lukeither
    • CommentAuthorLukeither
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009

sidtheduck,
    I sent you an email with an attachment of the FTP print screen.

I have a question about the correct path for the install.

This is what the path is in FTP: private_html/development/ploggerb3
    development.hahtvnetwork.com/plog-admin/_install.php

Your help is greatly appreciated.