Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorurskashif
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2005

hi

i want to know.. does google cache plogger albums and the imeg descriptions with their URLs so anyone can search my plogger collection via Google website??
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2005

No reason it shouldn't, afaik. Although you can affect that with "robots" files or meta-data. Not included, tmk, in Plogger itself.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorurskashif
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2005

Any plogger website example which has been cached by google?
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2005

I'm curious about this too. I just added the url to the gallery in Google to index, because somehow it cannot find the gallery until now, despite the link in my wordpress blog. I searched for the oldest images I have in the gallery, it's name and captions, but no results. Hope Google will index it soon. In the future I would like to use some kind of watermarking, but pictures have to be found first ;).
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2005 edited

I was developing a site for a friend, and it got indexed, without me submitting the URL anywhere (it's my dev server, I wouldn't want to).

Edit: I know. I put it in a forum post. Haha.

I don't forsee it being a problem because all of the links are de facto permalinks, and every page is indexable. In fact, Plogger should list well because of its semantic nature.

Regards,
    Derek
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2005 edited

The next beta already has code in place to generate search engine friendly titles, similar to how Wordpress entries are indexed. Having friendly titles in combonation with using cruft free URLs should get your site in the google index without effort.

As of now, things should be indexed, although probably not optimally. You can see an example here, searching Google for "plogger organic" brings us right into the organic album on the Plogger website