Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordimad
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2009

First of all (since it is my first post here) I would like to say "Thank you!" to all the developers of the Plogger gallery. It is a really nice lightweight gallery with a stylish layout.
    I've used it for several months now without problems. Easy to customize and fine tune.

Recently I've faced a problem. After login into admin area upload page (/admin/plog-upload.php) opens up and it is not possible to switch to any other page after that.
    When I try to switch to any page (import, manage, etc) I get the admin/index.php page again with the request to login. I enter username and password and Upload page opens up again.

The behavior has changed over the last two months while I have not uploaded any pictures to the gallery. I assume something has changed on server, but do not know what could it be. Would really appreciate any ideas how this may be resolved.

Same behavior for both Firefox (3.5.4) and IE (6). Cookies are enabled (don't know if Plogger needs this for sessions management).
    Cookies are enabled on
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

dimad,

I believe this is a session issue. I'm guessing that your server updated to PHP5.something. The default variable for session.save_path in PHP5's php.ini configuration is blank and a lot of web hosts overlook this setting or want individual users on a shared system to use a folder on their own shared portion of the server (to keep you from accessing your neighbor's session variables and vice versa). You should talk to you webhost and if they will not set a global variable for you, here are a couple of suggestions:

- Read this post -> http://www.plogger.org/forum/discussion/2133/fresh-install-login-not-working/#Item_3
    - Upgrade to the newest version of Plogger and define your PLOGGER_SESSION_SAVE_PATH in plog-config.php (see plog-config-sample.php for the code).
    - Attempt to set up a global PHP variable for your entire site using a root level .htaccess or php.ini file (depending on what your webhost will allow).
    • CommentAuthordimad

sidtheduck,

thanks a lot! Adding session_save_path, as described in your other post, fixed it.