Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2005 edited

Ok, so here it is. My first alpha version (no functionality tests what so ever has been done) of the flash interface for Plogger.

P(f)logger.

Remember, I have not made any preloaders for XML / Thumbnails, so it might bug out. No interface design has been made yet, due lack of time. My next goal is making the comment functionality, but I need to design the project before I can do that aswell as presenting the EXIF data, and it seems like my time is up this side of new years eve. Everything that is needed, included a really, really neat search functionality, is allready programmed / intergrated, just the interface that is missing.

This way of handling images in albums requires image / album / collection ordering, something I really hope will be in the next version of Plogger. Unfortunatly I had to alter the gallery.php, plog-functions.php and plog-comments.php to make this work (All I had to do was making an XML option, so output came without HTML)..

So, what do you all think of this way of handling images for Plogger system?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2005

Uhh. Whoa! =) That is incredible. Man I love it, great details in the animation, I love the clean and simple design as well. This is going to be huge! Johan, I will be contacting you via email...
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2005

Wow.

Derek
    • CommentAuthortmhai
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2005

That is beautiful! I wonder if you will be able to spare us the code ;)

- Bobby
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2005

Needless to say, everyone on the team was absolutely floored by Johan's Plogger + Flash implementation. If you can bear with us, there are already plans to create a multipurpose xml query engine for Plogger. This would facilitate integration of Johan's Flash interface, and would also lay groundwork for things like AJAX browsing. However, the earliest this would appear is Beta 3, due in a few months' time.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorsnow
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2005 edited

This is so good it made me involuntarily swear out loud. Luckily no-one else was in the room at the time.

I'd love to know more about this project, it looks absolutely breathtaking.
    • CommentAuthorvisskiss
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2006

That is the *phattest* mod ever. I'm 110% with you on the ability to order images / albums / galleries, which is in fact what I came to this forum to say. Anyway we can get our hands on the code?
    • CommentAuthorskeeboo
    • CommentTimeJan 21st 2006

Played with it a few days ago and it looked really nice. Hope the site comes back soon. Until then, there is a screen shot of it here:

http://www.solanosystems.com/blog/archives/2005/12/14/plogger-xml-and-flash/
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2006

I have been totally choked with work this past 4 weeks. I am however really eager to share what I have done with you, but my new webhost does not allow relative paths, so I can't even get plogger to work, so you will have to bare with me until I've solved this!
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeFeb 6th 2006

Johan,

I know what you mean, I have been choked up with work for the last couple of months as well, and Anti is nowhere to be found so I assume the same for him.

We are really looking forward to see your work. However, maybe you should consider changing hosts? Relative paths seems like a really basic feature and I am surprised any apps on your site would work without it...
    • CommentAuthorvisskiss
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2006

Johan,

I'm happy to donate some web/hosting space if you need it.

Cheers,
    Danny
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeFeb 13th 2006 edited

That would be delicious, all I really need is an installation on Plogger Beta 3 and admin login for it and I could continue working! I didn't even manage to install Beta 3 locally on my own machine for some odd reason?! (latest php / mysql builds on apache 2).. However, I just discovered a serious memoryleakage in one of my most important classes, which kind of sucks since I've built everything depending on it! :)
    • CommentAuthorpiquadrat
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2006

Johan: if you still need a plogger installation, contact me at

r underscore 1 at gmx dot ch
    • CommentAuthorvisskiss
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2006

Hi Johan,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I only check this forum occasionally. I see you've got an offer for a plogger install, so I can only make the same offer again! If you need an install, you can get me at dgk (at} visskiss dot org .
    • CommentAuthorvisskiss
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2006

Would appreciate help.

Downloaded and installed beta 313 from http://svn.plogger.org/plogger/trunk/ .

Install went smoothly enough, but it seems beta 3 is not *quite* working. I can't seem to upload photos properly, although it says everything went well, I get a ? where the image should be. The 'index.php' of the main site just plain don't work, some kind of missing variable?

check it out at http://flogger.visskiss.co.uk

All comments appreciated to dgk <at} visskiss dot org
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Wierd, it looks like you somehow downloaded the Subversion trunk listing. If you have any other index files in your directory, like "index.htm", "index.html", etc, Just delete it. The only index file should be index.php. Also make sure you run _upgrade.php after you upload it (unless you did a fresh install).
    • CommentAuthorvisskiss

Hi Mike,

Seems there are some un-defined constants in _install.php (relating to thumb-sizes). Also, I used wget to download the trunk. Did a re-install (using ...wget_ and then deleted every occurence of index.html (using find).

Blanked sql tables. started a clean _install.php and got the undefined notices. Is there 1) an easy way to get the distro without using wget 2) a better place/ way to let you know about bugs 3) a way to join the dev
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

wget is simply going to transfer files from the repository, including those files created by the SVN web facing interface. This is not what you want, it kind of defeats the purpose of using Subversion to manage code in the first place. Try using a proper SVN client to get the code, you'll be able to update your version with the click of a button, no hassels.

1.) Are you using Windows? I have had great experiences with TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/).

2.) We have an online bug tracking system http://dev.plogger.org

3.) Send me an email (mike at plogger.org) if you are really interested in joining dev, I would like to hear your background and motivations for working for an open source project. Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2006

I am really confused now, hehe. I tried to install the exact same version of beta 3 on the same webhost twice, just using different accounts, it worked fine the first time, (still works fine) but I keep getting blanks after uploading images etc on the other install. And, it is identical installations. (beta 3 that is).

i have spent the last month just to getting plogger b 3 to work, hehe.. this flash interface might take a bit longer than expected! When do you think there is a stable version of number 3? If it is close I might just kick back and relax, otherwise I will need to find a way around this.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2006

Johan, can you email the login information for the problem installation to dev@plogger.org? We can look at it for you if we have time.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2006

sorry, don't email it to dev thats a public list. not sure what I was thinking there.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2006

I was wondering about that. ;)

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2006 edited

Could someone share a plogger-xml.php path to me so I can continue my work soon! :) I am really eager to get this done, but it seems I can't get the plogger beta 3 to work anywhere at all :(

If you have a site up and running with beta 3 and a few sets of categories and albums, I'd really want just to use the xml path, nothing else. No admin required etc. So whoever it might be, please mail me: johan at moment77 dot se
    • CommentAuthorSebas23
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2006 edited

Hi Johan,

You can use my plogger 3 beta, if you want a fresh install, please email me or post it here. my server works fine, and can adjust it for you.

http://www.websitedesignstudio.nl/plogger3/plogger-xml.php

greetz, sebas
    •  
      CommentAuthorextremeg
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2006

Hi
    Here's another one for you, there aren't many pictures in it cos might be useful for testing a limited result set. I can add more if you need them.

http://www1.extremegroup.be/plogger/plog-xml.php

Rgds
    B
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2006 edited

Hey guys,
    Johan, sorry to hear about your frustration, I hate computers too =)

Just a note for you guys using the XML engine, the latest revision [344+] contains a few more helpful parameters in the XML output. The thumbnail path is now included in all collection, album, and picture nodes. You were probably using some clever way to determine the path by concatenating the id with the filename, but now it should be much easier for you.

Also added recently was a limit parameter, limit=x, which limits the return to x entries for the highest specified level.
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2006

Thanks all!

Devteam: great work with the xml output / variable content!
    This will be really, really fun! :)
    • CommentAuthorJohan

Could someone give me an url to any Plogger b3 where collections / albums has been deleted and so forth? Images has been deleted / added. What I really want is an gallery that has been "used", so I can chase those bugs I won't find with a clean install.

Also an installation with the new XML output (thumbpaths etc etc).
    • CommentAuthorJohan

Sorry for spamming this thread, but I almost consider it dedicated to me :)

I haven't been able to try the thumbnailpaths etc, but I was wondering how the resizing will work? Will I still call an php script that throws me into the picture after (if needed to be) resized?
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2006 edited

Ok! While I'm waiting for some response for my technical questions, I'm gonna ask all of you this:
    How would you like an Flash Interface for Plogger to work?

- Any transitions you really like?
    - Loaders?
    - Grid?
    - Commenting?

I have a pretty solid base to build on now, and I got my own ideas, but it is always better with more input! Shout out loud folks!
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2006

Wohoo! It seems I succesfully installed Plogger! Tralalalal! :)

However, I need to create all folders by ftp, when Plogger creates the album, my server don't let me chmod it to 666 (777).. But you allready knew this, right?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2006

woot =)

Johan, I am still thinking about an answer to your original question. I'll get back to you on that soon, I promise =)

As for requests, hmm... commenting would be nice. A simple animated loading graphic when pulling in larger images. Do you have a demo of what you currently have online somewhere that you can share with us? I'm afraid your original link at the top of the thread isn't working anymore.
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeMar 7th 2006 edited

yeah I will fix that link soon!
    I have rebuilt the entire xml parser for the new plog-xml file, aswell tried to comment as much as possible so people might be able to write his / her own mod of it. But the more I write the more complex it gets. It will need approx. twice the time it took to write it to comment / make it possible for others to modify. So I'll just skip that part for now.

However, I am almost back at where I left this project pre- plog-xml.php! When I have somewhat a working version I'll post it here!

I've tried to start new Tickets over at dev, but I'm useless :)

This is what I need to make this flawless:

1. the php verifier (if thumbnail exists in right size)
    2. ability to resize larger thumbnail (ie display image) after either max width or max height.
    3. I need to be able to post comments to a page (whereever :) that gives me either an negative or positive response (boolean), like ?commentIsPosted=true/false... Nothing else may be in the postcomment.php or whatever name it will have, it has to be totally clean from all document headers, tags what so ever, you guys know what I am after. Otherwise I will not be able to track comments back to flash (in a nice way)..

And: Excuse me if I sound rude or anything, most of the time I get to do this is laaate at night, so my brain won't just follow my fingers!
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2006

Hmm, the installation freaked out for some reason, and now I won't get it to work again. Anyhow, Sebas23 or extremeg, any of you who could try update the plog-xml.php and make some more galleries or something? I'm stuck now and cannot develop anything cause I can't get me an working plogger! :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorextremeg
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2006

I'll upgrade my plog-xml.php today and let you know when it is available.

B
    • CommentAuthorvisskiss
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2006

Just letting you know I'm still here and willing to help. I tried the svn client but I'm not willing to pick up the whole new way of doing things... When I get a chance to do some dev I'll let you know. Meantime, I can still offer some hosting...
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2006 edited

Ok! Summer is on the edge over here, my regular job is not taking up all my time anymore and the flash interface is in the pipeline, almost done. So heads up people! I'm making a new run to install plogger b3!

(1st try, server #1: no go.)
    (1st try, server #2: no go.)