Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorNeilr
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2009

First off, congratulations on developing Plogger - it's a great gallery.

I have a slight problem though. It has been pointed out to me that the breadcrumb element for the album could be restructured more accurately.

Let me explaine. The breadcrumb structure:
    [collection][album][album-content]

If the album has (say) 10 pages of thumbnails, and the visitor has paged through the thumbnails to page 4 - then selects a photo to view in larger size - the larger version (page) is displayed c/w the breadcrumb navigation at the top.

See example here:
    http://www.euansbikeride.co.uk/index.php?level=album&id=2&c=gallery

Now - if you want to go back to the thumbnails you would select the breadcrumb link and expect to return to the page you left off from (page 4). However the link sends you all the way back to page 1 of the thumbnails.

I'm sure there is a simple fix for this as I would expect that the correct URI for the link would be to have the plog_page value included in it. I would go ahead and try this if I only knew which file(s) and variables to use and where to make the changes.

Anybody able to advise.

Many thanks,
    Neil
    • CommentAuthorHuroman
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009 edited

Actually, the gallery it's great but you have to (all of us) insert, re-configure or re-mod some codes, if i understood what you asked, you'll need to put a simple "Go Back" button in the "gallery.php" file or whatever file you want to.

Add the follow code, using a simple JS to call back the previous page you visited.

<a href="javascript:history.back()">Back</a>

Luck!
    • CommentAuthorNeilr
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009 edited

Posted By: HuromanActually, the gallery it's great but you have to (all of us) insert, re-configure or re-mod some codes, if i understood what you asked, you'll need to put a simple "Go Back" button in the "gallery.php" file or whatever file you want to.

Add the follow code, using a simple JS to call back the previous page you visited.

<a href="javascript:history.back()">Back</a>

Luck!

Huroman, thanks for that.

Yes, I agree that we all need to add/revise parts ourselves, and I already do - however this time I could do with a pointer where to revise the code. I could use JS but I would prefer to build it into the parameters of the link:

Currently the link is formed like this for pp4
    /index.php?level=album&id=2&plog_page=4&c=gallery

The parameter "plog_page=4" is the value that references page for of the thumbnails. What I would prefer to do is add this parameter to the breadcrumb link - but I don't know what file(s) to place it in or how to capture its current value.

Thanks for the reply all the same.
    • CommentAuthorHuroman
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2009

Well, in that case you have to check "plog-function.php" file and then search the code "$breadcrumbs", that make the links.

That was a quick thought.