Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordarrepac
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2005

Hello,

MY ISP (free, a well known french isp) is setting the maximum time for a php script to execute to 30sec which means that after around 15photos import the script fails... It seems it works for these 15photos and I need to redo the thing again for the following. 2 Questions :
    1- Am I sure that, as the script break elsewhere, that the latest photo was well imported? In fact if plogger delete from the upload directory the photo only at the very end, it should be ok
    2- More important. If I have 100+ photos to import it is really a nightmare to do the import (number of photos)/15 ... Is there a way to break this limitation? Can't be an option to split the import process in several 29sec script? Which means that plogger will automatize the fact to do several import of 15 photos.....

thanks
    Pascal
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2005 edited

First, I would suggest uploading 15 images at a time and using the Import function. We're also trying to use javascript to allow multiple uploads in Upload, which will make life a lot easier as well.

Second, as for Plogger breaking itself into 29 sec scripts, it would require some programming on your part. Though you could either modify Plogger to import the first 15 images then exit (back to the import function), or create a PHP timer while loop using time() or microtime(). Just make sure Plogger is deleting the source images as it goes, so that when you run it again you get new images.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorwestis
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2005

I haven't tried it myself, but would it work to press F5 when the script is timing out to continue uploading?
    • CommentAuthorkoko
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2005

I have the same problem, but I also have have a trick (not a real solution!)

When your browser stops loading, you just go back and you will see, some images are gone (uploaded). So you just can set everything right again and upload some other images. You can repeat this step as many times as necessary.