Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorbungle
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2009

I basically just want a little text link at the bottom of each image that says 'Email to friend' or similar, which when clicked opens your email program and automatically puts in a link to the currently viewed image, plus a short message. I'm guessing it would be an addition to the picture.php file of the theme being used.

Everything I've tried so far hasn't been working, at the best it includes a link to the gallery index, not the image itself. Plus including the message itself has been problematic, as it seems to cut out after a certain (very limited) character length.

If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated! I'm a bit of a newbie at this sort of thing and I'm sure it's not too complicated, but I'm running around in circles.

Thanks in advance!
    • CommentAuthorbungle
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2009

Nobody? Thought it would have been a pretty common thing for people to attempt.
    • CommentAuthorbungle
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009 edited

Well I ended up getting it working, thought I may as well post in here for anyone else trying to do the same thing.

It was actually a lot simpler than I thought. Ending up doing a PHP emailer form rather than a simple email link as it was more useful.

Just plugged the following line into a hidden form fields:

<?php
    echo getenv("SERVER_NAME")."".$_SERVER["PHP_SELF"]."?level=picture&id=".$_GET['id'];
    ?>

which grabs and prints the URL, then had that sent to a php file and emailed.
    • CommentAuthorHuroman
    • CommentTimeDec 9th 2009

I don't use it in my gallery but it's a good addon to next projects.

Tks you for the tip.