Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorplatipuss
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2009 edited

I am trying to upload some gray scale pictures and the resized images come back with vertical white lines and distorted. Is there a way to fix this?
    Example image: http://grenierlive.com/photos/plog-content/originals/wedding2/091209zobrisky_0006.jpg

The thumb that is created from this image comes out with the vertical lines. I am using 1.0Beta 3. Can someone try this photo in 1.0RC 1. Might make me decide to upgrade.

Thank you
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009

• CommentAuthorplatipuss
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2009

What version is that? I am guessing it is new so I will upgrade and try.

Thank you.
    - Plati
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009

It's the newest code (so basically RC1). I'm not sure if its the new code that will fix your issue or if it's an issue with the GD library installed on your server (the image manipulation library). I would recommend installing a separate installation with the new code first and try the upload first to see if it fixes the issue or create a full backup of files and the database just in case you wanted to go back to the beta3 version (although I think you'll like the RC1 version just as well and hopefully better than beta3).
    • CommentAuthorplatipuss

After the upgrade, that image did in fact render correctly but it was not true for all of them.
    ex.
    http://grenierlive.com/photos/plog-content/originals/wedding2/091209zobrisky_0449.jpg

as well as some images that would return blank.
    ex.
    http://grenierlive.com/photos/plog-content/originals/wedding/091209zobrisky_0956.jpg

Thank you and I love seeing this gallery progress.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2009 edited

platipuss,

Can you login to the admin section and click the "Show Server Info" on the upper right-hand corner? After that, can you paste the information shown there to this forum? Thanks.

ETA: The second one worked fine on my server -> http://www.sidtheduck.com/plogger/index.php?level=album&id=9
    • CommentAuthorplatipuss

Server Software: Apache/2.2.14 (Unix) mod_ssl 2.2.14 OpenSSL
    PHP Version: 5.2.11 (CGI-FCGI)
    MySQL Version: 5.0.81-community-log
    GD Version: bundled (2.0.34 compatible) with JPEG support
    Session Save Path:
    File Upload Size Limit: 2MB
    Temporary Memory Limit: 64M
    Code Run Time Limit: 300s

This is a shared server so not exactly sure on what can be changed.

Thank you again
    • CommentAuthorplatipuss
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009

All the images that fail seem to be over 6M is this a Memory Limit issue? Or lack of resources?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2009 edited

I'm guessing it's a run time limit or memory size limit. You can attempt to increase these in plog-globals.php (just edit the numbers). I'd try 128M and 600s? See if that does anything.
    • CommentAuthorplatipuss
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009 edited

in plog-globals.php
    <code>
    if (intval(ini_get('max_execution_time')) < 600) {
    @ini_set('max_execution_time', '600');
    }

if (intval(ini_get('memory_limit')) < 128) {
    @ini_set('memory_limit', '128M');
    }
    </code>

I also modified the php.ini file to set these values but

GD Version: bundled (2.0.34 compatible) with JPEG support
    Session Save Path:
    File Upload Size Limit: 2MB
    Temporary Memory Limit: 64M
    Code Run Time Limit: 300s

It Does not seem to be taking, any ideas?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2009

That is the code you would be looking for. It could be your host does not allow changes to these variables or that there is a maximum setting allowed for them (if you go over that set amount, it goes to the default setting, not the maximum setting). I would check with them to see what you can edit in terms of php.ini variables.