Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorhanseate
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010 edited

hello.
    when i change the sort order for pictures in options. (i tried date submitted and filename), nothing happens.
    The pics stay in the wrong order.

i even deleted the pics, saved the sort order i wanted, and uploaded them again.
    and this 4 times with different sort orders.

but the pics are always in the wrong order. the last is the first :(
    (album)

is there anything i can do or is there a problem known?

thx a lot for the help.
    h.
    • CommentAuthorfroggy
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010

same problem here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010 edited

Did you try Descending instead of Ascending?

ETA: after changing sort order, you will need to close your browser and re-open to start a new session. The sort order is tied to a session variable in order for the front-end sorting via pulldown to work across all albums when a user re-sorts using this method.
    • CommentAuthorfroggy
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010 edited

Was this unusual behavior documented somewhere?

I don't think any user/administrator expects to have to quit their browser to see the results of sort options.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010

We are in the process of updating the site and documentation, so this will be documented.
    • CommentAuthorhunger
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010

What a strange bug! Browser close/re-open doesn't seem to be required when changes are made to the collection or album sort order; just the image sort order.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2010

I have added the necessary code to the current codebase to get this to work when changing the options without doing a browser session restart as of Revision 614. It should be working correctly in the next release.
    • CommentAuthormadhippo
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2010

How does the date order work, exactly? I've noticed it sets the date of a picture to the EXIF_date_taken date if it's available, and the date_added if EXIF isn't available, but if you have a few pictures, some with the EXIF date, some not, it doesn't seem to put them in the right order.