Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2010

LIke the title says no one I have talked to can DL selected when using Firefox or Safari was this fix in RC 1?
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010

Can anyone test to see if their galleries upload feature works in these browsers?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010

chewbears,

Is this Safari and Firefox for Mac? I have no issues whatsoever with either of these browsers on Windows (beta3 or RC1).
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010 edited

Correct it is with a Mac

Thanks for the response.

I have no issues with any Windows Browser.

LMK if you get a moment to test it on a Mac.

Also Sid, when I download say 20+ photos I get an error. That is just my php timing out right. I should be able to just fiddle with the phpini files and be all set right?
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010

Anyone able to get this function to work on a Mac?

Thanks
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2010

I do not have a mac, so someone else will have to test. I really don't know what the issue is as it used to work for mac (I think).
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010

Thanks Sid,

I am testing it currently on different verisons of Mac OS X. The most important change that at least allows it to DL is to change the extension to .tar instead of .zip. That is working as an intermediate but still curious to know why it doesn't work on 10.5 or 10.4 currently.
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2010

Sid,

I isolated the error to be "Error 1 - Operation not Permitted". Did some research and found that Mac's will not open a zip with a password. Well Plogger doesn't pass the zip and then I found this post.

"I ran into this problem tonight and tracked it down to Archive Utility. If you ask it to extract a zip file containing a member with a name of the form "foo" rather than "dirname/foo", you will get the message "Error 1 - Operation not permitted". This is true even if you have write permission on the current directory. Unzip from the command line doesn't have this problem, so that's a workaround."

So does the above suggest that the files within the zip can't be in directories? That is what I am wondering. I am trying to find a means to make the zip process in plogger not create subdirectories. If you know any more about what the above could mean post away : P
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010

Current workaround for Mac users. Rename the .extention from .zip to .tar in the downloads.php
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010 edited

chewbears,

I just thought of something. What happens if you change the line of code below in plog-download.php from:
    header('Content-type: application/octet-stream');
    to:
    header('Content-type: application/zip');

application/octet-stream should be universal for all zipped files (.zip, .tar, .rar, etc. as well as other file types like .exe, etc.) as it's a generic binary file descriptor, but maybe the Mac OS you are using has application/zip header needed for a .zip file.
    Let me know if that clears anything up for you.
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2010

Sid your solution did not work. The issue is with the BOMArchiveHelper (Mac OS X service) error. I have no idea how to fix it, but .tar at leasts gets me by the compressions failed issue. Other none Mac specific (other free unzip softwares) all work. The issue is as you know I work for the government so everything has to work in a native platform. With the tars you can unzip them from the terminal while its not ideal, it gets us by.

Thanks