Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJan 27th 2010 edited

dunover2,

Is Plogger the only thing located on the server or is it the only script getting hacked (or are there multiple pages on your site getting hacked)?
    Have you changed Plogger, FTP, and/or MySQL passwords and/or usernames (no way to keep them out if they already have the keys)?
    What kind of hack is happening (additional files on the server, changed pages, etc.)?
    Is this on a shared server or dedicated server? If on a shared server, are their any other people experiencing the same issue (look at your webhost support forum)?
    Have you contacted your webhost? What do they say about it?
    What makes you think that Plogger is the hackers' line of entry?

I'm really just curious about the situation as there are many hack attempts and many ways that a hacker gains entrance. Just because something shows up on a Plogger page does not necessarily mean that is how they got in either. I'd like to help you out, but we need more information on the situation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJan 28th 2010

dunover2,

If the site is still hacked at the moment, is there any way I can get temporary FTP access to see what is going on? I'm still unsure how the hack is presenting itself (injected code into a page, new uploaded files that you didn't put there, completely changed files, etc.). If you could provide me login info and a URL to the site, I can try to help you out and get to the bottom of this. You can email info to sidtheduck AT gmail DOT com.