Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthornsdesign
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2005

Can anyone think how plogger could be modified to allow users to build up their own "albums" by adding images to a "favorites" list..

Would be a great addition... and really offer something extra to the user...

Thanks in advance...
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Plogger does not yet have a user system for non-administrative users. This means that without creating a user system this isn't yet viable. However, Beta 3 will likely have multiple users (though all administrative) but converting this to allow such functionality would be much easier.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthornsdesign

Would anyone be prepared to write an add-on to do something like this?.. I have a very small budget!!

Perhaps something like - an option on the "view image" page to "add to my gallery"... when clicked, this stores the image id in a cookie. User continues to browse, adding images to the cookie.

Then - at any time - they can click the "view my saved images" link, which reads the cookie, loops through the id's and shows the images...

Shouldn't be too hard would it - and an excellent (allbeit simple) add-on..

Any takers?..
    Let me know the cost!

Thanks
    • CommentAuthorddejong

I would suggest you start here:
    http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/authentication.php

It wouldn't be hard, but would be a lot of work.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthornsdesign
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2005

To be honest Derek, I think the user authentication route is actually too much overkill.. I still think a simple function to add the ids to a cookie, and a page that reads the cookie and displays the relevant images...

I'll try and have a go at this when I get more time, but the offer to pay someone still stands!! ;)
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2005

Well, the only way to reliably attribute the list to the appropriate person is a user auth system. A cookie is insufficient for those who use more than one computer (I use 3) or share a computer (think University campus).

Good luck, nonetheless, it is a great feature.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthornsdesign
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2005

OK - I made a half decent effort on this... and I have what I think is a nice little add-on...

Ive created a new file "mygallery.php" and made a slight change to the index.php file. These 2 files can be downloaded from http://www.nsdesign.co.uk/mygallery.zip

Now all you need to do, is make a call to mygallery.php from the "view image" section of the gallery.php file... eg:

<a href="./index.php?myimageid='.$id.'&level=mygallery">Add to My Gallery</a>

I'd also reccommend adding a "Jump to > My Gallery" in the pulldown... eg:

<option value="#">Jump to...</option>
    <option value="./index.php?level=mygallery">My Gallery</option>

Hope this helps anyone.... The whole thing is based on cookies, and for my needs - works perfectly.

Note that the "mygallery.php" script is very "bloated" - and lots of code could probably b removed from it... Hovere - it works, so I'm happy!!!

Cheers
    Gary