Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorfroggy
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010 edited

Plogger gallery is misbehaving...

I will try to describe what is happening now (which should not be happening):

Plogger contains two collections, X and Y:

Collection X contains two albums, Album #1 and Album #2.

Collection Y is empty (no albums).

http://www.domain.com/gallery - displays two albums #1 and #2, with no info re: Collection X. OK. Plogger does not display collection info if only one collection exists.

http://www.domain.com/gallery/collectionX - displays two albums #1 and #2, with no info re: Collection X. OK? Plogger does not display collection info if only one collection exists. However, collection is accessible via URL containing collection name info.

http://www.domain.com/gallery/collectionY - displays two albums #1 and #2, with no info re: Collection Y. INCORRECT. Should URL to empty collection exist? probably not, since it is not normally used if only one collection exists. However, in any event, no albums should be displayed.

Sorry, I do not know how to troubleshoot (or replicate) this problem.

I suspect it involves htaccess not correctly reflecting all changes made when the collections were edited?

At one time, Collection #Y did contain two albums, which were moved to Collection #X and then deleted.

I was experimenting with collections and albums and moving albums to see how Plogger would present them. I am not sure the sequence of events, exactly.

I stumbled upon this anomaly by accident... the old URL's were remembered in my browser history, and also were left open on a second test computer from yesterday-- when the URL looked unfamiliar or unexpected, I re-freshed the pages (which were old from yesterday's experimenting) and the results were as described above.

not sure if this is easily reproducible, or a bug, but want to report it because it is strange behavior.

Of course, if htaccess is involved in this anomalous behavior, perhaps because it is not maintained correctly, that is problematic as far as a security issue...

???
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010

This is not an issue with the .htaccess, but with the auto-truncation in plogger.php. The .htaccess is maintained correctly and kept up to date.

I'll take a look at it and come up with a fix for SVN that will be included with the next release. I agree that this should not be the normal behavior. It will be fixed to default back the empty album or empty collection message (just like if you had 3 collections, 2 with images and 1 that was empty) if a manual link is entered to an existing, empty collection or album when auto-truncation is triggered. In this instance I do not think a 404 message should be thrown as the collection or album does technically exist, there's just nothing there yet (for a 404 to occur, the empty album or collection should be deleted).
    • CommentAuthorfroggy
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2010

muchas gracias! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2010

froggy,

Just to let you (and anyone else experiencing this), I've updated the SVN code to reflect this change. It's revision 612, so you can check out an SVN version or wait until the next release which will have this code.