Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010 edited

Hello, i installed the plogger gallery in my server. Everything worked fine. I checked most of the things without error.
    But when i switched to Air Theme or Lucid an error happened with Comments. See image below

http://tinypic.com/r/161hish/6

Anyone knows how to fix it?

Thank you in advance
    • CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010 edited

anyone help?
    • CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010

any help plz? i can't find what is the error and i cannot understand the error message. On the link i provide i have print screen of the error
    • CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010

I guess i found the error....it doesn't support .png images :(
    • CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010 edited

its not the .png ..... it happens when i load more photos than one.....anyone knows why this happens?
    • CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010

ok after testing many things....this problem happens when i put more than 2 pictures in the album....if i have 2 pics all are ok...if i put 3+ pics this error appears
    http://tinypic.com/r/161hish/6

btw is any developer active here? a reply would be usefull....

thx
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010 edited

heav3n,

It's really hard to tell where that error is occurring from just a screenshot. I'd need to see the HTML source code generated to see where in the script the error is showing up (I've never seen that particular error before). Is there a way for you to post a link? If you don't want the link displayed publicly, you can "whisper" the comment (just put "sidtheduck" in the whisper box at the top of the comment box) or you can email me at sidtheduck AT gmail DOT com.
    • CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2010

any news sidtheduck? did you check my whisper?
    • CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010

is this forum active? if you can't help me with the bugs tell it plz so i go search another similar script....
    your script is what i need but it's bugged for me so plz answer if you know why this error happens..
    im in a hurry...thx...
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2010 edited

heav3n,

I'm not sure what is causing the error, but it is happening with the Navigation thumbnails (the little thumbnails below the large picture). Basically, the thumbnailer script is unable to open the "intro.jpg" file, for some reason or another, and create a navigation thumbnail from it. The only guess I have at this point is that the server is timing out, the permissions are not being set correctly on file upload, or the image is corrupt.

Are you uploading via the "Upload" tab, or from the "Import" tab? Regardless, can you check the permissions on the intro.jpg file on your server in the plog-content/images/ folder and let me know what they are (view CHMOD properties via an FTP account)?

Also, can you log in to the Admin, click the "Show Server Info" link in the top, right-hand corner and copy/paste the information here?
    • CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010 edited

hello sidtheduck,

1) the image has 777 permission ... i don't think is corrupted...or maybe the program creates corrupted thumbnails for some reason? because thumbnails are made automatic
    and also the folders inside my ftp are named like : "___________________24-_________-___________" is it intended to be like this ?
    2) Mainly upload tab. but i used import and same thing happened with random images

3)here is the server info

Server Software: Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl 2.2.11 OpenSSL
    PHP Version: 5.2.9 (APACHE2HANDLER)
    MySQL Version: 5.1.30-log
    GD Version: bundled (2.0.34 compatible) with JPEG support
    Session Save Path: /var/opt/webstack/php/5.2/sessions
    File Upload Size Limit: 37.5MB
    Temporary Memory Limit: 64M
    Code Run Time Limit: 600s
    safe_mode enabled
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010

heav3n,

Posted By: heav3nthe image has 777 permission
    Did you change the file permissions manually, or is this how it showed up after you uploaded?

Posted By: heav3ni don't think is corrupted...or maybe the program creates corrupted thumbnails for some reason?
    It wouldn't be the thumbnails that were corrupted, but the original image. It's having an issue creating the thumbnail from the original image for some reason (not from one of the other created thumbnails).

Posted By: heav3nlso the folders inside my ftp are named like : "___________________24-_________-___________" is it intended to be like this ?
    It's intended to be like this because you are using non-latin character sets. Generally, it's not an issue for files to be saved on a system directory using non-latin character sets. However, it becomes an issue when using non-latin in a URL as only latin characters are supported for use in a URL. We are hoping to incorporate transliteration functions at some point, so non-latin characters will be changed to their closest latin counterparts or their latin-based phonetic equivalent. At this point, however, it just changes international characters to underscores for the directories, but keeps the original names in the database.

Posted By: heav3nMainly upload tab. but i used import and same thing happened with random images
    Okay, just wanted to make sure it wasn't happening exclusively on one or the other.

Posted By: heav3nsafe_mode enabled
    I notice you have safe-mode enabled. Were you prompted during install or upgrade to provide FTP information? If not, then this may be the issue as it is trying to create a new folder to house the thumbnails in, but safe_mode wreaks havoc on permissions and owners when creating directories and running some functions to determine if a file or directory exists. The reason it would not prompt you for FTP information (which is to work around the safe_mode restrictions) is that the PHP FTP functions have not been enabled on your server either. In that case, Plogger will most likely not function very well at all (you will have to delete and re-create each directory or open permissions so much that there are security holes so that Plogger, or any PHP script, can create directories accurately). If this is the case, I don't think there are any image gallery scripts out there that will work for your situation and you will most likely need to switch webhosts to get any of them (including Plogger) to work correctly.
    • CommentAuthorheav3n

Posted By: heav3nsafe_mode enabled
    I notice you have safe-mode enabled. Were you prompted during install or upgrade to provide FTP information? If not, then this may be the issue as it is trying to create a new folder to house the thumbnails in, but safe_mode wreaks havoc on permissions and owners when creating directories and running some functions to determine if a file or directory exists. The reason it would not prompt you for FTP information (which is to work around the safe_mode restrictions) is that the PHP FTP functions have not been enabled on your server either. In that case, Plogger will most likely not function very well at all (you will have to delete and re-create each directory or open permissions so much that there are security holes so that Plogger, or any PHP script, can create directories accurately). If this is the case, I don't think there are any image gallery scripts out there that will work for your situation and you will most likely need to switch webhosts to get any of them (including Plogger) to work correctly.

i don't remeber if it asked me for ftp details. so how to disable safe_mode?mail my host provider?(or i can do it on my own?) or other way to make it work by reinstalling it and doing what?

thanks for your help
    • CommentAuthorchewbears

In order to disable safe mode you will have to edit your php.ini file. This file lives in your htdocs portion of your website. If your provider controls this information, then yes you will have to have them make the change. Based on the above it seems like this might be the case however you can go to your folders on the site and search for the php.ini files and see if you can file. All you will do when you get to it, if you can get to it, is change enabled to disabled.
    • CommentAuthorheav3n

I can't see htdocs or php.ini so i sent them mail ...i hope that this was the problem of the gallery error.
    thx for help :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

No problem, heav3n (and thanks for your response as well, chewbears ;) ). I'm guessing that your webhost will most likely not turn off safe_mode (but I could be wrong), because a lot of webhosts tend to use it as a crutch to attempt to stop hackers from messing with a site (instead of actually stopping hackers from gaining access), but it is very limited in what it actually "secures". Just an FYI that a lot of hosts refuse to turn off safe_mode because they say it's a security feature (and also why they hesitate to upgrade to PHP5, but PHP6 does not even have this setting anymore).
    • CommentAuthorheav3n

the thing is that i can't switch server i guess..because its the school server of my country where all schools host their sites (I am making this website for a primary school here in my area)

im waiting reply from my host(if i ever get :P)...so in case they don't disable safe mode (as you said the problem is probably from the thumbnails that system tries to post there) how can i remove the code that lists all the thumbnails in that error page? (if you don't remember its the page when you click on a picture to view...for details, discription, comments etc)

so maybe if i remove the ability to list the thumbnails in there, the problem may dissapear.
    • CommentAuthorheav3n
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010 edited

ok they disabled the safe_mode problem still the same ( i reinstalled script too but nothing changed)
    but i think i found the problem.... i went options->Intermediate Thumbnails->Generate Intermediate Images: and i turned this off. and now after uploading mass pictures i didnt face the problem...
    but the thing is that now if i upload a big picture it doesn't fit on the layout :S ... so any help on why this bug happens?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010

heav3n,

Try this. Re-enable the Generate Intermediate Images, then delete all of the contents of the plog-content/thumbs/ folder (not the folder itself, just the directories inside of it, then view the gallery again by yourself (click on each link) to re-create all of the thumbnails and their container directories from scratch.

If that still doesn't work, try running the plog-admin/_upgrade.php script again to see if the plog-content/ parent folders have correct permisisons or if they need to be re-created as well. I'm guessing it's a permissions issue from when the folders were created while safe_mode was still enabled. Re-creating the thumbnail caches or running the upgrade script to determine file permissions once safe_mode has been turned off will hopefully allow the cache to be re-created easily and without issue.

Keep us updated on any issues that may remain or any new issues that arise while trying to fix this.