Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorAnnie
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010

I have a program which creates a sitemap.xml file for google sitemaps. I don't use the RSS feed facility on my plogger gallery and removed the button for this. However, I can't find where I need to go to remove the following line in my source code...

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feed" href="http://www.domain.com/gallery/feed/" />

The sitemap appears to be crawling loads of pages that are part of the feed. I don't want this. In fact, the feed isn't working properly anyway which may be down to me fiddling with this at one time or another. The trouble is, the browser shows a feed button on the toolbar which is misleading.

One last thing - I switched to cruft-free URLs but the crawler seems to crawl both versions (ie. cruft-free and non-cruft-free). Is this expected behaviour? Might I get penalized in the search engines for duplicate content?
    • CommentAuthorAnnie
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010

OK. I've had a go at trying to sort this myself but I'm not familiar with php so can anyone tell me if I've made a glaring mistake?

I removed both of the following files:

plog-rss.php
    plog-xml.php

I also commented out the following line in plog-functions.php:

print '<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feed" href="'.plogger_rss_link().'" />' . "\n";

As already stated, I removed the rss feed button from the web page too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2010

Annie,

I think that should work just fine without issue for you. Thanks for noticing this and we will try our best to make it easier to remove RSS feeds from the layouts in future releases.