Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorminhas_amar
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2005 edited

hello... I like this gallery quite alot... it is simple and the admin section is neat and easy to navigate...

Call me crazy ... but I think this can be a good catalog script....

1. Assume "Collections" as "Categories"
    2. Assume "Photo" as "Product Details"

well the only thing I need to change is that each category will need a different image .. so I need a image upload option in "plog-manage.php"

then I need to add product details, so I add extra fields to "plog-upload.php" such as product ID, price, etc

well any file I missed...???

EDIT: well so far, I have added some fields in there ... they do nothing at the moment...

http://www.partycaramba.com/IG/pic.jpg

now it looks like I have to edit the "plog-admin-functions.php"
    and edit
    - add_picture()
    - update_picture()
    - delete_picture()
    • CommentAuthorandreaf
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2005

Great job!!!

Come on guys help this boy!

Andrea
    well I am not asking for someone to make the entire catalog....

jus a little help on which files to edit ...

thanks for the support andreaf... lol...
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2005

I think you got the right idea. Add new columns to the database (pictures table) to help describe the extra meta data you want to use. You don't have to modify delete picture, but you will need to edit add_picture() and update_picture(), expanding the SQL queries to accomodate your new variables.

Next, you'll want to edit gallery.php and choose how you want to output those variables into your layout.

You also may want to edit plog-manage.php to allow you to edit entries with the new variables.

Obviously, this is a very high level description of what you need to do. To get this right, it is potentially a lot of work. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
    thanks... but I was studying the structure... and noticed 1 bad point for a catalog...
    I can only have 1 sub-category..

[collection >> album >> picture] = [main category >> sub-category >> product]

so this is the limit...
    i still might go along with it... but I am not that good at php .... so this may take me some time...

thanks for the help...