Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthortrodat
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010

This is my second post without response. I'm hoping this isn't a lost cause because the search engines will penalize you for having duplicate pages with different URL's. ORIGINAL POST: Seems very odd that Plogger spends so much time developing a good script with SEO friendly URL's, but the "Latest Images" plugin that is built into the admin uses dynamic URL's and not SEO friendly URL's! (Example: http://www.mysite.com/portfolio/?level=picture&id=84) I am displaying images at www.mysite.com/this-page.php from a specific portfolio collection at www.mysite.com/portfolio/collection1/. I'm able to do everything fine except for the SEO friendly URL's. This means that you can access any of the 5 image pages from 2 different URL's (1 dynamic and 1 rewritten). Search engines don't like duplicate pages with different URL's. Am I missing something on how to get this to work?
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

trodat,

Sorry for not responding earlier. I must have overlooked your earlier post.

To get the SEO friendly URLs in the Latest Images plugin, you need to add this line of code:
    $config['use_mod_rewrite'] = 1;
    on the line after calling the global variable $config, like so:
    global $config;
    $config['use_mod_rewrite'] = 1;

I'll try to update the plugin to do this automatically for future use.
    • CommentAuthortrodat
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010

Wow! That was easy! Thank you so much, my eyes are swelling up with tears of joy!!!! THank you so much sidtheduck! :)