Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorhunger
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2010

Just upgraded to 1.0rc1 this evening. Is there a way to overwrite the title tag? I don't like the breadcrumb-like default. In 1.0b3, I was able to overwrite the title by adding my own title tag in the first line of header.php.
    • CommentAuthorhunger
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2010

I hacked /plog-includes/plog-functions.php, replacing Line 466 with:

echo "\t" . '<title>'.'PHOTOGRAPHY'.'</title>';

Let me know if you know of a solution that doesn't involve hacking /plog-includes/.
    • CommentAuthorkokuda
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010

I just installed rc1 after having an old beta for over a year. I've just been playing around with the titles to make them match my Wordpress formatted titles (reverse the order). I was having a different problem than you, which was that my title was included from my Wordpress theme and Plogger, but my solution might help you as well.

There is a config variable 'embedded' that, if you set to 1, will prevent the title from being included by the plog-includes code. I think it is supposed to be set by defining PLOGGER_EMBEDDED, but that also turns off mod_rewrite, which you (and I) probably still want.

Take a look around the code that you changed, it should be inside a test of that variable.

So, you can set config['embedded']=1 before calling the_plogger_head() in index.php.

global $config;
    $config['embedded'] = 1;
    the_plogger_head();

Then you must set the title you want somewhere. You can do that in your theme's head.php. You should also echo the "<meta http-equiv="Content-Type"" that was also disabled.

It is still a bit of a hack, but I prefer changing index.php to plog-functions.php.

Personally I think that the theme should set the title, like how it Wordpress does it. I think the format of the title should be defined by the theme.