Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorFrankS
    • CommentTimeApr 9th 2010

Will Plogger function with larger sized imagery if I change the upload and size limits? I've attempted to follow the instruction of a few forums and updated the MB size for uploads, but when the images are live they do not generate a thumbnail and do not show. Also tried to do it through a manual FTP upload and the import with the script resulting in a white page/dead page.

Anyone know a way to get 20MB+ sized files to play nice within Plogger?
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeApr 12th 2010

I've got the same problem with my 60x90cm images which I'ld like to add so people can buy big prints. Just doesn't work now.

Possible work around. Upload image with same filename at lower res, add them so plogger creates lowres images (be sure to visit the album also) and then go to the original image folder and upload the full res version there.

I havn't tried this but I was thinking of this possible work around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck

FrankS and xiphias,

You not only need to up the upload_max_filesize limits in your PHP configuration, but the post_max_size and max_execution_time limits as well.

upload_max_filesize sets the limit for uploaded files
    post_max_size sets the limit for submitted forms (any text + the uploaded image).
    max_execution_time sets the time limit for running the script to do all of the processing of that image (moving to the correct location, creating smaller size thumbnails, etc.)

Any of these are the most common reason that an uploaded or imported file to Plogger times out and causes issues. PHP on your server sets the limits (especially on shared server space), but Plogger itself does not set any limits to the size.
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias

Thanks, I'll try the max_execution_time since I upload the images via FTP.