Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjames
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2010

Hi all

I have just installed this. I don't have any experience with it and I am very new at all this. I have been asked to put a User and Pass front end on this. I have seen a post about password protection but that is per album, what I need to do is put a Login Page right at the front when then URL of my Plogger image server is typed in. I have hardly any php experience and some HTML experience.

Really need some in depth help on this one if anyone can sort me out with it.

Thanks all

James
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeApr 14th 2010

This may be out of your technical expertise but you could put plogger within a Drupal framework (free), and drupal will allow you to password the site.
    • CommentAuthorjames
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2010

You are right, it is...but that has never stopped me before....Drupal here we come!!! (maybe)
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2010

Drupal is pretty user friendly to set up. Lots of documentation about it. Without plogger learn how to set up a login and password with Drupal. Use that as the frontend, and it will stop people from going directly to the plogger site via typing in the url. Drupal will force the redirect to the login page, so only those logged in will they be able to go to plogger. It will stop you from having plogger as the front page but will satisfy your need for passwording.
    • CommentAuthorjames
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2010

Ty for the replies, we opted for a program that we bought instead....it was only 20 quid and worked fine. Ty again.
    • CommentAuthoraurelie
    • CommentTimeApr 22nd 2010

Why not a simple .htaccess file?

Drupal just for this? It's like using a bazooka to kill a fly!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.htaccess