Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorvallius
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2005

I have experienced a problem with importing/uploading/displaying large files. I've tried importing/uploading files of size 1.5 MB and I always get a blank screen in plog-import.php, or when trying to view the album containing the large image. I've tried uploading them manually to the uploads-folder and then importing them to an album but large files still cause the blank screen.

What is the problem here? I use a fresh installation of the latest version of Plogger (2005-12-21). My web hotel has a limit of 12 MB for php-imports.

Best Regards, Vallius
    • CommentAuthorvallius

I have now tried some different file sizes and for me it seems something happens whenever I try to use files of size around 250 KB or larger.

Best Regards, Vallius
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Plogger doesn't have a limit, but it may be that your host will only allow a script to run for a certain amount of time. If this is the case (say, a limit of 10 seconds) and a picture of 500kb takes 15 seconds to resize, you'll find that the script will terminate before ever getting through the thumbnail generation.

This would mean that when checking and trying to create the thumbnail in album.php you would also get a blank screen, because it's doing the same thing.

HTH,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorbmengstrom
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2006

ok so how tro fix this prob?
    • CommentAuthordymo310
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2007

i'm havin some sort of the same problem when importing from an upload. there are just a few pics that are imported every time, leaving a bunch back. as a result i just a well import 1 by 1 (almost), cause i'm stuck importing over and over again

my pics are on average 1 - 1.5MB each
    hay, I just fixed this problem.
    you can edit php.ini

max_input_time = [LARGER NUMBER]
    memory_limit = [LARGER NUMBER]M

and you can import big files, but it will take a while.

Good Luck!
    • CommentAuthorgunny007
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2007

Where is php.ini is there? i could not find out...
    • CommentAuthorspike
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2007

If you do not have access to the root of your server/web hosting, you will not be able to access the php.ini file. If this is the case, you could ask your provider to raise the input time limit and the memory limit inside of the php.ini file.
    • CommentAuthorspike
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2007

POSTED BY MIKE:
    For those of you who don't have access to your php.ini and are not running safe mode, you can accomplish the same thing by placing this code in your /admin/plog-globals.php file.

@ini_set("memory_limit", "64M");
    • CommentAuthorJan
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2007

Since my limit was 2M, I added this line to php.ini:

upload_max_filesize = 4M

Now my upload can be 4M in size (tested successfully).
    You can set the max_filesize to any number.
    It's worth a try when you need to import large file sizes.
    where i can find the file php.ini?
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010

Its in your htdocs folder. Alternatively you can search for php.ini and you will find it in any search engine on your PC or Mac.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2010 edited

You can also sometimes override the setting locally by using an .htaccess file (depending on your server setup). It will use the settings for the directory and any sub-directories where the .htaccess resides.

Add this code on it's own line to .htaccess and then check your settings:
    php_value upload_max_filesize 4M

Just be warned that this may cause a 500 Internal Server error on some server setups. If this happens, delete the entire line of code above that you added and save (it should clear up the 500 error).
    • CommentAuthorjimlad
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2010

If this does not work, there is something else to try that works on some server configurations...

Edit the .htaccess file in the plogger directory so that it reads as follows

# BEGIN Plogger
    RLimitMem 128000000
    # END Plogger

This has allowed me to upload images >6MB via FTP/import

Please note: some server configurations may not allow this - but worth a try on yours.
    • CommentAuthordmehler
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2010

Hello,
    I'm using a 1and1 shared hosting setup running php5 and mysql5. I've installed plogger latest 1.0rc1 or 2 can't remember, the installation went fine. I'm also seeing this blank screen issue. The file size is 3.8 mb. Checking some settings in my phpinfo() output I can see the following:

max_input_time -1
    memory_limit 40m
    safe_mode off

Further postings on this suggested checking the globals file, I did so and it looks like it overrides these values. Any suggestions welcome.
    Thanks.
    Dave.