Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorryoko
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010

i'm getting these errors when trying to install:

* Cannot connect to MySQL with the information provided. MySQL error: Access denied for user 'Ryo'@'hostingdb.limedomains.com' (using password: YES)
    * Cannot find the database rbgallery. MySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)

i've gone into a live chat with my host's tech support and supposedly done the install on the dbs correctly but.... i dont know whats wrong, and i'm starting to think the person in this chat i'm talking to is a robot cause i'm getting vague replies.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsidtheduck
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2010

You may have set up the database fine, but the host connection URL to the database may be incorrect for your server. It looks like you either have "hostingdb.limedomains.com" as your MySQL host or you may have "localhost". Some servers it's set up as something like "mysql.limedomains.com" (as an example only). Check with your webhost as to what they have set up as the host connection URL for the MySQL domains.