Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthordmehler
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2010

Hello,
    I'm still having issues with blank screens. Originally, i was trying to upload a large 3.8 mb file to my web host 1and1.com. That didn't work, due to the fact that they informed me of a 2 mb cap. So, i got a smaller image 378k in size and tried uploading that. Again i got a blank screen. So, then i tried a solution that I can do, but am not comfortable with my end users doing, an ftp upload, dropped the images in the upload area and tried an import on the same 378k image. Again, a blank screen.
    I don't have error logs, but I need to make plogger log to a file i can examine. First question, how do i pull this off?
    Any suggestions on what to do? Some urgency!
    Thanks.
    Dave.
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2010

What type of camera where the pictures taken from and please copy and paste a filename of one you are trying to upload.

thanks
    • CommentAuthorpangloss
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2010

I am not sure if this is your problem but think it may be. I had a similar problem and it appeared to be caused by high resolution images from a Sony DSLR camera. I don't know that the camera brand was ever a factor but it appears that they were very high resolution and the thumbnail conversion functions just stopped working in this case. No error, no anything. It took me forever to figure out since you receive no information and I am still not 100% on that being the problem but i removed those images and everything returned to normal.
    pangloss thats weird for my pic is a Dimensions: 4000 x 3000 and 3-6mb pic i dont have any problems upload them

i dont know what the problemis but i found out when i made a backup on my Pc and delete the Gallery and reinstall it with the same mysql Logind it says the pic are still there
    but when i click on the pic it didnt show any i dont think uploading them manuelt would help for the mysql dont know it there

idk how mysql work or how the gallery Work not 100% but Try make a new mysql acc and reinstall the gallery and see if that help

PS This is my Gallery
    KibaTheWolf
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeJul 19th 2010 edited

Kiba,

The error only occurs above 4,200 x 3,100. I am trying to resolve this on my p6000. I am working right now with the thumbnail issue mentioned. Was hoping to get others check this as 11,000 photos I am working with are all larger res then the above.

Sid made a post about this issue stating it to be a server limitation. I am right now not believing this as I run my own server and its top of the line. Memory limit and Max_Execution_time are maxed. I can make a 4,200 x 3,150 image at 300kb and it times out then in the same breathe I can make a 3mb 4000 x 3000 image and the one loads the other does. The one crashes the thumbnail generation the other doesn't. So really looking into the thumbnail issue.