Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I didn't say is appearing as I didn\'t say

Any suggestion?
    • CommentAuthorboblennon
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2010

HTML title contents do not require an escaped apostrophe and typing in something like <title>I didn't Say</title> will display the title like: I didn't Say. If you are referring to some other title context please post some details.
    @boblennon
    It's displaying properly inside the browser but not in meta.
    For example,
    can't explain

is displayed on browser title and description as:
    can\'t explain

Help pls!
    • CommentAuthorboblennon
    • CommentTimeAug 14th 2010

I'm sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your description of the problem.

Could you please examine the HTML code in the <head> section using your browser view source menu selection or give me a link to the page which is displaying the web page title improperly ?

Quite possibly the problem is related to some PHP code that is generating the HTML. The only way the browser would display "can\'t explain" in the web page title is
    if the HTML looks just like this: <title>can\'t explain</title>

Have you made any PHP code changes to Plogger or your web page recently ?
    @boblennon
    This is one of my picture containing apostrophe in the title:
    http://dotcomfreak.com/mms-pictures/wordings/wordings-93/

Any suggestion?
    • CommentAuthorboblennon
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2010

Your web page at http://dotcomfreak.com/mms-pictures/wordings/wordings-93/ shows the title tags as:

<title>Dot Com Freak Gallery: MMS Pictures &raquo; Wordings &raquo; I don\'t need your attitude, I have my own...</title>

That clearly shows the "I don\'t " phrase you object to is in the browser display exactly as it appears in the HTML title that you published.

My advice is to either change this code manually and remove the \, or if it is generated by PHP, correct the PHP code.
    @boblennon
    I guess it is generated by PHP. I think I have to make some alteration in plog-functions.php file.
    Do you have any suggestion?
    • CommentAuthorboblennon
    • CommentTimeAug 15th 2010

I'd start by removing the escapes from your meta data at:
    <meta name="keywords" content="I don\'t need your attitude, I have my own..." />
    <meta name="description" content="I don\'t need your attitude, I have my own..." />
    This, of course won't go over big with the search engines because your title is wrong, but if it works it should fix both the title and the meta data.