Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeSep 6th 2010

Hi
    I have a slight problem with the feeds on the site I am working on. If you click the feeds button in gallery or collection views everything is fine. However, if you then click any of the pictures I get the following error message: 'The website declined to show this page. Most likely causes: This website requires you to log in'.
    This looks really messy and nasty. The Demo gallery on the Plogger site does not do this, it opens a new window with the relevant Feeds information but no picture. This is what I would like my site to do. What do I do to make this happen or have I done something that makes this not happen if you know what I mean?

Cheers in advance
    Burnsie
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2010

hi All
    I have still not been able to get the feeds to work properly. Previously I was working via a tesing server and received the message; 'The website declined to show this page. Most likely causes: This website requires you to log in' When I clicked a thumbnail in colection or album view. However, I now have uploaded my site (thankyou bob) and get the following, when a thumbnail is clicked:

Index of /plogger-1.0RC1
    Parent Directory
    LICENSE.txt
    gallery.php
    plog-admin/
    plog-comment.php
    plog-config.php
    plog-content/
    plog-download.php
    plog-globals.php
    plog-includes/
    plog-load-config.php
    plog-print.php
    plog-remote.php
    plog-rss.php
    plog-thumb.php
    plog-xml.php
    plogger.php
    Apache/2.2.16 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.16 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.flashpawsnclaws.co.uk Port 80

I would really like to sort this out. I have viewed other sites using Plogger and this doesn't happen! what am I doing wrong?
    Any help with this matter would be great
    Cheers
    • CommentAuthorboblennon
    • CommentTimeSep 22nd 2010 edited

For a possible hint from: http://www.thesitewizard.com/apache/prevent-directory-listing-htaccess.shtml<a href="http://www.thesitewizard.com/apache/prevent-directory-listing-htaccess.shtml" > Click here</a>

If you create a new directory (or folder) on your website, and do not put a "index.html" file in it, your visitors can get a directory listing of all the files in that folder (like the one you mention) simply by typing the URL in your browser. No password or anything is needed. The listing that you see may be the result of a badly constructed path or of an address of a missing index file.

And while I cannot recommend that you alter htaccess as recommended in the link, that's why many sites put a dummy index in every folder visible to the web through html browsers.
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeSep 23rd 2010

Ah ha
    Thank you once again for coming to my rescue! I altered the .htaccess file as described in your link, which did indeed stop the directory listing. However, my problem seemed to be that I had not uploaded the index.php file. however, I have messed about with things and do not know what the original content of the index.php file should be! What did the original file look like? hopefully this may sort things out for me.
    cheers
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie

Sorry forget last post. I have located the original 'index.php' file and uploaded it. This helps but is still not quite right.
    If I select a feed in collection or album view this works fine, but then if you click on a thumbnail it takes you to a gallery view of all the pictures contained therein. If you then click the feed button at the bottom of the page it takes you to the feed page showing all the large thumbnails. So how do I skip this intermediate gallery page and go straight to the larger thumbnails?
    cheers
    • CommentAuthorboblennon

Hellos Burnsie,

From what I can understand from your posts on this issue, the problem seems to be related to your efforts to transfer the files from your local IIS system to a Unix hosting service. After a rather difficult plogger installation on the new host, you reported that the RSS segments were not working, and when the missing index.php problem was uncovered, you seemed unsure the content of the index file.

Under the circumstances, and because it only takes a few minutes, I think your best course of action is to re-install plogger on the host. You will have to delete the currently installed tables from the database first, reload the plogger software, and for insurance restore the host htaccess from the changes that you made.

Good luck...Bob Lennon