Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthormindmeld
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2010

Hello,

I am able to upload jpg's without an issue but when I go to upload zip files I don't have the same luck.

I made the zip files on a pc and used ftp to upload them to the 'uploads' folder. Once uploaded I change the permissions to 777.
    Then I goto import and it says I have no files, so I goto import and then it just shows me the images inside, not the zip file.

What am I missing?
    • CommentAuthorboblennon
    • CommentTimeSep 7th 2010

You should identify your zip file under the Upload tab not the import. FTP is not required and you do not have to use the Upload folder.
    • CommentAuthormindmeld
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2010

I had tried using just upload initially but it loads one file, the jpg that was inside the zip file - not the zip file itself.
    • CommentAuthorboblennon
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2010

The whole idea about handling the upload process is to allow you to select individual files one by one or to archive and upload number of files as a single operation.

In any event, the singly selected files are uploaded to the Upload folder, one by one, and all the files contained in the Zip archive files are unpacked and then delivered to the Upload directory in a single operation.

To import the files contained in the Upload directory into your gallery you should then use the import tab.

Archiving a single file in a zip container for upload is an ineffective way of doing this, but as you've said it does extract and upload the file to the Upload directory.