Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2010

Hi All
    I have come unstuck at the final fence. I have uploaded a website that has a gallery using the lovely Plogger. Everything works fine on my machine using localhost. However, on upload to the server the 'gallery' page gives me a white page withe the following message: 'Please run _install.php to set up Plogger. If you are upgrading from a previous version, please run _upgrade.php.'
    If I click the 'install.php' link I get the following message:
    'Page Not Found
    The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please try the following:
    If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
    Click the Back button in your browser to try another link.
    Use a search engine like Google to look for information on the Internet'

I am sure I am only a whisker away from getting this to work but I am now stuck.
    Any help would be appreciated more than you could know!

cheers in advance

Burnsie
    • CommentAuthorboblennon

The "Please run _install.php..." quite commonly comes up when plogger cannot find the plog-config.php file in the plogger (not plog-admin) directory. It is not put there automatically during the installation, and would not appear there automatically if an install on a local system was subsequently uploaded to another host.
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie

hi
    Cheers for your input Bob, however, the plog-config.php file appears to be where it should be in the main Plogger folder. I have tried deleting it then uploading it again but I get the exact same problem!

I really am at a loss with this so any input would be very gratefully appreciated
    • CommentAuthorboblennon

Hello Burnsie,

I think I might need some help from you to get on the same page about this problem.

Do I misunderstand what you mean when you say "everything works fine on my machine using localhost". Does that mean that you have installed the Apache html server on your local (loopback) computer for testing purposes and that when you "upload a website" to another server does that mean you are copying the contents of your local computer website code (html,php,javascript etc)to another server or web hosting service directory?

Plogger needs a correct plog-config.php file located in the right directory on the host server, correct configuration information in that file, and correct configuration information in the mySQL database. The configuration data in the database is placed there by the _install.php script to be able to run, and it must match that which is in plog-config.php. Otherwise it complains about the installation.
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2010

Hi
    Thanks for replying again Bob as i am desperate for this to work after many, many hours of work on this site.
    Please bear with me as PHP is not my forte!
    I am using IIS to run the site on my local machine. I have bought some hosing space and have simply ulpoaded the entire site to that hosting space. Does this now mean that the info contained in plog-config.php is incorrect? I guess it does! If so how do i change it and what do I change it to? Also the database info I guess.
    I really am most grateful for any help i can't stress this enough.
    Cheers
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie

hi
    After much head scratching it occured to me that I have not actually uploaded the database to the server! Do i need to do this? If I do where on earth does this live on my machine? My web host control panel allows for the uploading of Mysql Databases but they appear to have a .sql extension. I have searched my entire machine for any files with this extension but there are none! What enables the gallery to work perfectly on my machine? Where is the database? What is its extension? I am now more confused than ever. Please, Please help.
    • CommentAuthorboblennon

Please don't take offense Bernsie, but installing plogger on a web server is a very simple task. I suggest you start by reading and following the instructions at http://www.plogger.org/docs/install/

At the risk of duplicating what is in the instructions, you will need to create an empty mySQL database on your server before running _install.php. Usually the web hosting service provides access to database administration software like phpMyAdmin which makes this process quite easy as well.

After completing the _install.php processes, you can upload images to the website either directly from your client computer using your browser or you can use FTP to upload them to the plogger uploads directory.

Good luck, and drop a line if you run into problems..
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2010

Hi
    Partial Success! I have finally made my gallery page appear! My missing element was to create the empty database on my server. Thank you Bob. After several hours I finally configured this and it sprang into life. Hooray!
    However the 'Plogger' part of the gallery is nowhere to be seen. It simply states:
    'No Images Sorry, but there are no images in this gallery yet.This gallery contains 1 collection, 1 album and 0 images.'
    I can not locate the admistrative tools to enable me to import any pictures or do anything infact. I can see the path on my server but when I replicate this in my browser is says: 'Page not found'. So obviously I am unable to load any pictures or manage my gallery! Why might this be?
    In addition, all the css styling for the 'Plogger' bit of my gallery refuses to work. If I use my Debug Bar it tells me that the theme I am using is the default one (hence the incorrect css styling me thinks), however, somewhat bizarrely I have not uploaded the 'default' theme to my server! Could this be caused by a similar or same thing that gives me the 'Page not found' error? I have tried refreshing files and deleting them then reloading them but nothing as yet has worked.

You would not believe the hours I have spent on this so any help would be very gratefully received.
    Cheers
    • CommentAuthorboblennon

Hello Burnsie,

The plogger administrative tools are located in the plog-admin sub directory of wherever you installed plogger. The path might look something like: http://MyWebSite.com/MyPloggerDirectory/plog-admin/. The index.php file located there will bring up the log in for the tools.

The default page after you log in will be the administrative upload page (../plog-admin/plog-upload.php) which will allow you to select images from your client computer and upload them to the web server either individually or as a zip file archive collection.
    • CommentAuthorBurnsie

SUCCESS
    Striker scores goal! My server has a weird sub-directory. When I removed this from the path...Shazzam the login page appeared. When I then activated the theme all my css styling sprang to life.
    I have spent an inordinate amount of time on this site so Bob...may flights of angels carry you to your rest!!
    Thank you, thank you thank you.
    Burnsie