Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorjoemolloy
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010

My links from my webpages to my gallery are displaying a screen asking for install or upgrade. I've contacted my Webhost and asked them to look at the problem and received following response:

Hi Joe, I have attempted to take a brief look at the software to try and advise. The issue is that when the system is checked on loading the site (index.php) calls plog-load-config.php and ends up with.... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Check if Plogger is installed first if (!is_plogger_installed()) { if (isset($_SERVERREQUEST_URI?) && strpos($_SERVERREQUEST_URI?, 'plog-admin')) { $install_url = '_install.php'; $upgrade_url = '_upgrade.php'; $img = ; } else { $install_url = 'plog-admin/_install.php'; $upgrade_url = 'plog-admin/_upgrade.php'; $img = ; } die($img."\n" . ' '.plog_tr('Please run _install.php to set up Plogger. If you are upgrading from a previous version, please run _upgrade.php').'.

'); } <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< It is the 'else' statement that is being invoked, then printing the screen you see via the 'die' statement - In essence, that block of code is checking for the plog install and thinks its not and hence offers the option to install. I can't progress much further as there is no indication of server or permission errors etc, You could now search the plog site forum for issues related per the above - although in most cases it normally requires a later version software install/upgrade - but the plog forum may shed more light on your specific problem. Just some pointers, are you running a beta version, maybe not the latest known working release, and if you do upgrade or reinstall - will you need to drop your database, or does the plog install do that for you - an overwrite of an old databse would probably cause issues - all points you may wish to consider.

I have been using Plogger on webhost server since May2010. This probem occurred last week during an upload of new images session.
    Can anyone advise me on solutions? I've put this on the Trac tickets but not sure how much or how often support is available (Ticket #263 refers)

Thanks, Joe Molloy
    • CommentAuthorjoemolloy
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2010

This problem has been solved by my webhosting support. It turns out that soft disk capacity had been reached. This happened when security upgrades had been carried out on the host servers. Web host has amended my server settings.

They were prompted to look further when, in addition, the problem stopped my access to web hosted e-mail and finally, stopped me updating htm files.

i hope anyone else getting this problem finds this useful. Incidentally, the Trac ticket was deleted without any reference back to me!!.