Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthora2plogger
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2011

Dear Admin,

Im switching my hosting from hostogator to godaddy.

i have to move my plogger. please advice and help how can i move my wallpapers,plogger gallery without loss.
    Please help.
    • CommentAuthorTidosho
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2011 edited

Posted By: a2ploggerDear Admin,

Im switching my hosting from hostogator to godaddy.

i have to move my plogger. please advice and help how can i move my wallpapers,plogger gallery without loss.
    Please help.

Hi a2plogger,

I'm not a Plogger admin, but am a web administrator, so can help. You'll need to dump your database using PHPMyAdmin, and import this into the database of your new host, again, using PHPMyAdmin, which they will most likely supply for you. Then, you'll need to backup your entire Plogger installation, and FTP it up to the new host webspace.

The final step will be to open the config file, and change your database access and credential details, and any path changes to Plogger, here's the bits you'll need to change:

/* MySQL hostname */
    define('PLOGGER_DB_HOST', 'localhost');

/* MySQL database username */
    define('PLOGGER_DB_USER', 'Tidosho');

/* MySQL database password */
    define('PLOGGER_DB_PW', 'dbpassword');

/* The name of the database for Plogger */
    define('PLOGGER_DB_NAME', 'plogger');

/* Define the Plogger database table prefix. You can have multiple installations in one database if you give
    * each a unique prefix. Only numbers, letters, and underscores are permitted (i.e., plogger_). */
    define('PLOGGER_TABLE_PREFIX', 'plogger_');

Once you've done that, and imported the database, you'll need to browse the database using PHPMyAmin, and look in the table named "plogger_config" and change the value of "gallery_url" to reflect any directory changes.

All done!!