Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsseidel
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2011

I'm trying to install, I have followed all the directions on the install page.
    How I can't access the install scripts on my server

http://magnumbluelacydogs.com/plogger-folder/plog-admin/_install.php
    it comes up with a 404 error
    please advise
    • CommentAuthorTidosho
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011

The only thing that can be causing this is you've misspelt a directory somewhere, I got errors just trying your http://magnumbluelacydogs.com/plogger-folder/directory.

Can you post me your complete URL from your FTP, or a screenshot? Are you sure it's /plogger-folder/?
    • CommentAuthorsseidel
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2011

Got it! Thanks for the jump start... file did upload properly, then file name was not correct.
    Thanks again!
    • CommentAuthorTidosho
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2011

Nice one, glad you got it sorted, I'm happy for you! Welcome to Plogger! It really is amazing. There doesn't seem to have been any developers around here to help for a while, so I decided to try and stick around helping out, as I'm a server admin, and understand PHP and MySQL to an extent, and I was in love with Plogger as soon as I uploded my first album, and I want to give something back.

Anything you need, start a thread (use Search first, I MUST stress that!) and I'll try my best to help. There are a few changes I'm working on to my own install, and I think they'll be useful for everyone, as there are still cosmetic and code bugs, naturally as it's only v1.0.

Good Luck :)
    • CommentAuthorsseidel
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2011

I'm having trouble connecting to mysql. I searched for a answer on the threads.. but can't find one .
    I'm getting this issue: ( I'm pretty sure I set up mysql properly)

* Cannot connect to MySQL with the information provided. MySQL error: Access denied for user 'magnumbl_bluelac'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
    * Cannot find the database magnumblu_photogallery. MySQL error: Access denied for user 'magnumbl'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
    • CommentAuthorspike1
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2011

Basically, this means that your database information in the plog-config.php file is incorrect. Here are some suggestions:

• Some databases and users use a prefix before the actual name. For example, if your hosting account username is bobsdomain and your database name is bobsdb1, then the actual database name in your plog-config.php file may have to be bobsdomain_bobsdb1 (notice the prefix and underscore, then the actual db name). The same logic goes for your database user. NOTE - The prefix is usually no longer than 8 characters before the underscore. Please note this may not be the case depending on your hosting environment, but it is a good place to start.

• Did you remember to add the database user to the database and give them correct privileges?

• Did you enter the correct password of the database user?
    • CommentAuthorTidosho
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2011

You could also email your hosting provider and get them to email your details if you're not sure. All the hosts I work with send out emails with MySQL, FTP and email details to customers at sign up, and they usually re-send them if needed. If you've changed any credentials (usernames/passwords) following sign up, you might have to reset them, again, they'll be glad to help.

Good luck!