Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDianamo
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011 edited

Hi,

Hope anybody could help me. I have a, in my opionion, strange problem.
    I have installed, modified plogger in 2 of my websites. The only thing I couldn't do is write comments.

If I use the view from the Adminpanel I could write! So the first thing to checked is how I included plogger.
    I use it with the url index.php?seite=bilder.
    So I tried different things but I couldn't find a solution. But the strange thing, on one of four Webserver the code works!
    In my opinion it is a problem of the Webserver. 3 Linux Server -> No comments. Windows IIS -> WORKS!
    Perhaps, PHP Version, but I don't think so?

Let's have a look:

I use for local tests WebServer2Go.

System Windows NT X61T 6.1 build 7600 ((null)) i586
    Server API Apache
    PHP Version 5.3.2

Could not post comments...

First domain:

System Linux sh8-XX-server #1 SMP Wed Nov 24 09:30:54 UTC 2010 x86_64
    Server API CGI/FastCGI
    PHP Version 5.2.17-0.dotdeb.0

No Comments...

Second Domain, different Provider:

System Linux XX #1 SMP Tue Mar 30 17:22:31 MSD 2010 i686
    Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
    PHP Version 4.4.7-0.dotdeb.0

And now my Wondermachine:

System Windows NT X61T 6.1 build 7600
    Server API CGI/FastCGI
    PHP Version 5.2.17
    --> with IIS as Server

Not an Apache and look, it works!

4 Times, same Code but on one machine I could post comments.
    The code is almost the original from default theme.

Edit: I forgot tho say:

The Form links to plog-comment.php
    I suppose the problem is there. Here I have an Error:

<code><b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: parent in <b>D:\Users\Schdoi\Desktop\Web\Juca\pgalerie\plog-comment.php</b> on line <b>46</b><br /> </code>

This is here:
    <code>
    // Set up all the necessary variables
    46: $parent_id = intval($_POST['parent']);
    47: $author = $email = $url = $comment = '';</code>

I know some problems because of includes, so I copied the lines on the beginning of the php site.
    Before:
    <code>include_once(dirname(__FILE__).'/plog-load-config.php');</code>
    So I haven't this Error, but $parent_id is after this line still empty.
    $_POST['parent'] is always empty too.
    The same as on my IIS machine, but there it works...

Does anybody have an idea how I could solve my problem?
    Or how I best debug it?

Thanks for help,

Regards,
    Dianamo
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011

Do you have a link to you site?

Have you checked the permission on the mystery box and compare it vs the other none working boxes?

Config file working alright? IE any other problems, check things like your rss feed, slideshow etc, stuff that might also break.

I some how work only on Mac servers so I unfortunately won't be much of a help only to point you to some routine checks.
    • CommentAuthorDianamo
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2011 edited

jeah, pointing to the solution is okay. ^^

what do you mean with permissions? settings in php.ini? Or Chmod rights?

rss and slideshow, all work. only commenting is still not possible. Config File seems to work alright. No other probs...

Here the Galerie: http://peek.sn.im/27ns1h and here the phpinfo: http://peek.sn.im/27ns1i (short urls with forward link confirmation)

The comments work on the view sight, so I don't think it's a problem with the server, it's a problem with the server and the included galerie (and my menu - GET vars) and a correct/incorrect interpretation of my code on the iis. but i can't find the mistake. I reckon, that the post vars redirect and parent are not properly transferred to post-comment.php and so the script doesn't know which picture for commenting.

hope you could help.
    • CommentAuthorDianamo
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2011 edited

Hm. This is was post-comment.php says on Linux Servers:

Notice: Undefined index: parent in plog-comment.php on line 44

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at plog-comment.php:44) in plog-comment.php on line 153

On my IIS there isn't such a message...

Lines:

44: $parent_id = intval($_POST['parent']);
    153: header('Location: '.$redirect);

Nobody has any idea?

EDIT: okay, i forgot that php error messages create outputs and result in header errors...
    --> But now, I tried to give "parent" the correct Id of the image I want to comment and even this does not work.
    this makes me crazy...

If I go from the admin panel to view: I have sometimes this message:

Spam token missing or does not match!

Then, if I click Comment the normal error Messages appear.

Perhaps the session helps:

plogger_sortby|s:4:"date";plogger_sortdir|s:3:"ASC";plogger_details|i:0;plogger-token|s:32:"6285fd3d96994d3f713cee302e953e18";comment_post_error|a:1:{i:0;s:37:"Spam token missing or does not match!";}plogger-form|a:4:{s:6:"author";s:0:"";s:5:"email";s:0:"";s:3:"url";s:0:"";s:7:"comment";s:0:"";}plogger-form-error|a:0:{}plogger_logged_in|b:1;

Could that be a problem? Because on my IIS Machine there is no Session Save Path. (By "show server info" from the admin panel) This is the only difference I found on the machines...

hopy anybody could help me...
    • CommentAuthorchewbears
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2011

I was refering to chmod permissions. I wish I could hlep but I have no experience on anything but a mac server. My only suggestion would be on the IIS machine can you set up a LAMP stack? and see if that works?
    • CommentAuthorDianamo

I checked already the CHMOD rights and this wasn't helping.

The IIS is on my local machine, a LAMP Envorinment I only have online:

System Linux XX #1 SMP Tue Mar 30 17:22:31 MSD 2010 i686
    Server API Apache 2.0 Handler
    PHP Version 4.4.7-0.dotdeb.0

But there is the same problem as local on Windows with Apache.

It is a problem on transferring the POST Vars to plog-comment.php. But I have absolutely no idea why.
    If I use the gallery alone (galerie/index.php) it works...
    • CommentAuthorDianamo
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2011 edited

Hm. I just looked over the code atm and I think it's a problem with the sessions.

On plog-comment.php he writes in my $_SESSION['comment_post_error'] array on postion 0: Spam token missing or does not match!

Then back in comments.php in function plogger_comment_post_error() the session ISN'T SET!

if (isset($_SESSION['comment_post_error'])) { is always false... although it is set with the SPAM token sentence.

As I said, on my local IIS the SAVE PATH is empty. Perhaps I know the problem, but have no idea how to solve it..

EDIT: This is the session output befor: if (isset($_SESSION['comment_post_error'])) {
    plog-functions.pgp L:2499

( [plogger_sortby] => date [plogger_sortdir] => ASC [plogger_details] => 0 )

In my session Var is more content than those. See 2 posts before... But why is this problem not on the direct view by galerie/index.php ... damn.
    • CommentAuthorchewbears

If you google save path and IIS this seems like a problem some other CMS like Joomla have run into and a wealth of information there. I would say give that a shot rather then me basically reposting whats in there discussions.

Here is an example with a handful of solutions.
    • CommentAuthorDianamo

The problem is not the IIS, this is the only machine where my comments work.
    On IIS there is no Savepath and it works, on my Sites and my local Apache Server there is a Savepath and it doesn't work...
    • CommentAuthorDianamo
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011

#$%$%$§#$§#§$§#§§$§
    damn.
    I solved my problem. And it was sooooooo easy. And it was not the problem of plogger...
    I figured out, that on my Apaches the session was not working correctly. The Header was always sent.
    On Windows the session worked. So I found a thread on a other Forum which meant, (of course) that is a problem with Lines and Tabs and Outputs BEFORE the header was sent. (these facts know all who work/worked with sessions).
    So I looked through my php files and found no output and no whitespace or line before the php tag.
    then, tadaratatataaaaaa, I checked my index.php with a hex editor. And there were 3 chars BEFORE my <?php.
    Not seen in Texteditor, not seen on pages. But in the Hex Editor.
    Deleted the three chars and booom, my comments are working -.-

Great Galery script, thanks for it. Damn PHP and it's strange behaviors ^^
    • CommentAuthorDianamo
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2011 edited

So, I had time to translate the pot in german. Hope it could helps someone: German Plogger Translation File
    There are few Sentences which were very hard to translate without knowing the correct syntax.
    And I am not good at Photography language. So the translations of the technical terms may not always be correct.