Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthornobody2000
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2011 edited

I have limited PHP and SQL knowledge, and I know this question has been asked to death, but maybe someone can help me out.

I want guests to be able to upload - without approval - to my gallery.

I have an outside authentication script to secure ALL my plogger gallery. You cannot view my gallery unless you have a username and password. No stranger is going to upload some unwanted pictures. They are trusted members of an organization.

I think I have an idea of what needs to be done, I just don't know how to do it.
    1.) I need to build a page with a form that allows users to select an image file, type in a caption, and description.
    2.) ALL files will need to automatically go into a "RECENT IMAGES" folder, publicly viewable. This being said, the folder will not need to be created, but pointed to. No user will be able to create collections or albums. The intent is for users to use this as a temporary repository for quick access while I take time to categorize them later.
    3.) The form will obviously need to write into the database (15 or so variables)
    4.) The form will need to break off the existing upload form in that as long as somone can access the form, they don't need to log in.

I feel that this solution is very easy for someone who has intermediate knowledge of PHP. It's essentially taking what is already there in the "upload" tab, putting it on it's own form, taking out the gallery selection and instead forcing into an existing gallery, and of course, removing the need to log on to admin before accessing this.

Guidance would be appreciated. I may be a tad naive, but I feel that incorporating much of /plog-admin/plog-upload.php into its own page minus the security and access to other backend features (i.e. the rest of the admin console) is the key.

Thanks in advance