Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorphual
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014 edited

I've just been upgrading a site I run that integrate Plogger and Textpattern, The upgrade was prompted by my hosting provider upgrading my PHP version and I though that I'd take the opportunity to upgrade Textpattern as well. The result of all of this was that I suffered a repeat of problems I've had with conflicting variables used by the two systems as well as incompatibilities with php version 5.4. Looking through the forum, I can't help but notice that:

- development appears to have halted
    - the source software (subversion) is down
    - lots of people are having compatibility issues with newer software releases
    - the developers appear not to have posted for quite some time.

In short, the project shows all the signs of a loss of resource, motivation, or both from those maintaining Plogger. This leads me to the inevitable question: would there be an interest from the maintainers to pass the project on, or from the community to take forward a fork?

At this point I should point out that I'm not a developer and can just about find my way around some PHP code. For this and other reasons I would not be an ideal candidate to take the project forward (at least not to do anything more than maintain), though I would be willing to support however I could. I wonder, are there others out there who would be willing / able to make some form of commitment?

Stuart
    (a Plogger lover grateful for excellent work on project to date)
    •  
      CommentAuthorryanduff
    • CommentTimeMay 17th 2014

Stuart,

Thanks for pointing out subversion is down. The server got moved a while back and I guess that didn't get carried over.

I've been wanting to push this out to github for some time now so that the history was kept intact but also so others could fork or contribute as they see fit.

If you search github you can see there are quite a few of the "plogger" references that are a fork of this project already there. https://github.com/search?q=plogger&ref=cmdform

We also have an organization and repository already setup on github: https://github.com/plogger/plogger. I just need to migrate things over.

I'll try and work on getting the subversion repository online temporarily and do the svn->git migration process and push that to github. If not this weekend, within the next few days.

-Ryan
    • CommentAuthorjoemolloy
    • CommentTimeMay 20th 2014

It's good to know there is progress, and continuing support, particularly for amateurs such as myself who have no clue what you mean by a fork!!
    • CommentAuthorDaz wilde
    • CommentTimeOct 13th 2014

I hope the plogger bugs do get sorted soon..... im getting a ton of errors on my gallery...

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::SafeExec() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 1082

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::FunctionIsDisabled() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.functions.php on line 448

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::FunctionIsDisabled() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.functions.php on line 448

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::CaseInsensitiveInArray() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 893

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::OneOfThese() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 2880

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::OneOfThese() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 2881

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::version_compare_replacement() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 2932

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::gd_version() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 1217

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::gd_version() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 1234

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::nonempty_min() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 2816

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::nonempty_min() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 2817

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::ImageCreateFunction() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 2842

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::gd_version() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.functions.php on line 363

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::gd_version() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 3850

Strict Standards: Non-static method phpthumb_functions::gd_version() should not be called statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in /home/back2bo/public_html/site/gallery/plog-includes/lib/phpthumb/phpthumb.class.php on line 2672
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2015

Has anyone been able to work on a new fork.

I've looked into some of the Joomla (paid) gallery components out there and none function like I want. I realy need ftp bulk upload like plogger has. I miss goot EXIF/IPCT support but partially hacked that into plogger myself. Plogger has real potential to be the best low footprint gallery out there but production has been at a stand still for years.
    Thankful People: edwink
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2020

Posted By: Daz wildeI hope the plogger bugs do get sorted soon..... im getting a ton of errors on my gallery...

The errors are probebly becaus eyou were running plogger on PHP 5.4 and higher.

I finally got plogger working on PHP 7.4, I hope to be able to post it on github soon for everyone to use.

-XiP
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2020

Well, it's still a work in progress, mostly working on an Bootstrap4/FontAwesome5Free theme at the moment.
    It seems to run fine on php7.4 at the moment. I did make some changes to various functions in plog-functions.php to have better support for Bootstrap/FontAwesome. No class usage in plog-functions.php but option to use parameter to for instance add FontAwesome icon to next/prev buttons. Breadcrumbs also have schema.org attributes and h1#gallery-name is no longer a h1, this resulted in duplicate h1 within gallery since the h1 is the same on every page.

Use at own risk, and if you have anything to add or run into problems, just drop a msg on github.

https://github.com/xiphiasphotography/plogger_php7

-XiP
    •  
      CommentAuthorxiphias
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2022

I started a new project for PHP8. The PHP7 version seems to have some issues when run on PHP8 so I made some minor changes for it to work.
    Also resolved some issues and updated them in both the PHP7 and PHP8 git.

Get the PHP8 version here:
    https://github.com/xiphiasphotography/plogger_php8

As with the PHP7 version, use at own risk.
    Thankful People: joemolloy
    • CommentAuthorjoemolloy
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2022

I'm pleased to hear this. My webhost just added the github clean version for PHP7 and I was worried there could be more issues as PHP8 is now in use.