Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDoogy_rev
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2006

Can anyone advise on this error message.........

Field 'thumbnail_id' doesn't have a default value

INSERT INTO plogger_collections (`name`,`description`,`id`,`path`) VALUES ('test gallery', 'test', '', 'test_gallery')

All installation seems to go ok, and i get this when i try to create my first collection
    • CommentAuthortrupti

I am getting exactly the same error?? Any clue anyone whats going wrong??
    • CommentAuthorDoogy_rev

glad i am not the only one - been searching everywhere for a solution, tried reinstalling php and mysql just in case it wa an error there. Still no joy. :(
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2006 edited

Hi guys. What version of MySQL are you using?

Here are a couple solutions to try:
    Modify _install.php and re-install plogger, adding in default values for thumbnail_id

Line 140 and Line 151
    `thumbnail_id` int(11) NOT NULL,

Change both of them to:
    `thumbnail_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

Make those changes, reupload _install.php and re-install Plogger. You will need to manually drop the plogger_tables from your database.

If you don't want to reinstall, you can modify the program code to make this work:

In plog-admin-functions.php, line 207
    $query = "INSERT INTO ".$TABLE_PREFIX."collections (`name`,`description`,`id`,`path`) VALUES ('$sql_name', '$description', '', '$collection_folder')";

Just pop in a default value of 0 for that empty parameter:
    $query = "INSERT INTO ".$TABLE_PREFIX."collections (`name`,`description`,`id`,`path`) VALUES ('$sql_name', '$description', '0', '$collection_folder')";

Haven't tested any of this, but it should work.
    • CommentAuthortrupti

After doin that , it gives this error:

Out of range value adjusted for column 'id' at row 1.

INSERT INTO plogger_collections (`name`,`description`,`id`,`path`) VALUES ('test gallery', 'test', '', 'test_gallery')

It seems there is a bug for the latest mysql version 5 which I am currently using.
    Googled a bit on this and found a fix.

In the MySQL configuration file (my.ini) replace:
    sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"
    with:
    sql-mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

this will disable the strict SQL mode setting.

dont forget to restart the mysql service after doign this..Now reintall plogger and everything shuld wrk fine.. I have still nt uplaoded a snap thugh..finished creating albums n collections....keepin fingers crossed ;)
    • CommentAuthorDoogy_rev
    • CommentTimeJan 26th 2006

Thanks Mike,

Had a few more different errors after that but have it all working now :). I will post url when i have finished the rest of my site

Thanks Again :)