Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorValmar
    • CommentTimeFeb 2nd 2006

Hello, every1.

I habe the problem with Plogger that is SOMETIMES shows a small black pixture saying "no GD" when I try to upload pictures (*.jpegs actually).

It only happens sometimes and only with special pictures. There are JPEGs that can be uploaded without problems. Some others can't be uploaded (imported to a gallery through the import-feature) while this error message appears.

GD is enabled on the server I use (From phpinfo):

gd
    GD Support enabled
    GD Version 2.0 or higher
    FreeType Support enabled
    FreeType Linkage with freetype
    GIF Read Support enabled
    GIF Create Support enabled
    JPG Support enabled
    PNG Support enabled
    WBMP Support enabled

Any ideas?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Are you uploading files with a *.JPEG extension? If so, renaming those files to use a *.JPG extension may fix the problem. Otherwise, there may be a problem with your server configuration that your webhost may be able to help you with.
    • CommentAuthorValmar

Nah, they are all called *.jpg
    Some are called *.JPG but that's no problem. :(
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2006

That picture is actually base-64 encoded right into phpThumb. I know, I've traced this problem back for wmarc.

It is a fall-though case when phpThumb can't load the image with GD. The reason in his case was the cache files phpThumbs hands to GD weren't global readable, I think. If you look around, you may find a whole bunch of files you don't recognize -- those are the phpThumb cache files that GD couldn't load and never dealt with.

Sad news is I could never fix it. It may have to do with corrupt images. hrgpy, try forcing your FTP upload setting to "binary". Uploading jpg's as ANCII files would corrupt the images and likely cause this error.

If anybody has found a more exact cause, clues, or solution, I would love to hear from them here.

Derek
    I just had this problem. If I have to resize all of my 6 megapixel images to < 1MB then it's time to find a better gallery package. Or roll my own.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2006

IrfanView, a free image-viewer for Windows, supports batch processing, which seems to be the goal here.

Cheers,
    Derek