Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorlinus
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2006

When I try to login as admin, I do get login. But a soon as i click any link in the admin interface i'm kicked back to the login in screen. Why is this?

The server is running on Linux
    Apache 2.0.52
    PHP Version 5.0.3
    Plogger b2.1
    MySql 4.1.8
    • CommentAuthormerquise95
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2006

I also am getting kicked back to the admin login screen when I try to go to manage. I just installed and got the problem, deleted everything and started fresh. Still did it. I searched the boards and did not find any conclusive fix, I hope you get information on how to fix it.

I have safe mode off.
    MySQL version 4.1.14.,
    PHP 4.3.10. with phpmyAdmin.
    Apache 1.3.33 on Redhat Linux 9.0

My Log :
    PHP Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/php_sessions) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: Unknown(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_303b5f52e9b4620b1e6dec2aa1ebdbe8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0
    PHP Warning: session_start(): open(/var/php_sessions/sess_303b5f52e9b4620b1e6dec2aa1ebdbe8, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /hermes/web10/b774/blu.xxxxxxxxxx/phpmyadmin/ploggerb/admin/index.php on line 3
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2006

1. Ensure you're running Apache
    2. Create a directory on the host where you have permissions (e.g. ~/tmp)
    3. Give it 666 or similar permissions (-rw-rw-rw)
    4. Put this in an .htaccess file in the root of your site:

php_value session.save_path "~/tmp"

Ta-da! Sessions enabled.

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorzer0hmz
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2006

I'm having the same issue, I just installed plogger and am getting the Admin login whenever I click on any link. I tried the htaccess file suggestion and it did NOT like it at all.

Any insight as to why this may be happening?