Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSebas23
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2006 edited

Hi!

I have designed a script for plogger beta 3 and 2.1.

The lightbox script was already implanted in beta 3 by mike. But the script was broken down and didn't work completely. I didn't use the old script for the new one and added new features to it.

Features of the orginal lightbox (designed by www.huddletogether.com) script:

- Places images above your current page, not within. This frees you from the constraints of the layout, particularly column widths.
    - Keeps users on the same page. Clicking to view an image and then having to click the back button to return to your site is bad for continuity (and no fun!).

New features in modified version:

- When a image is larger than the internet explorder screen, the image is resized automatically to suit to the current window size.
    - New interface with links to the full view of an image.

I have also fixed a common problem. The orginal lightbox script needed to be the page fully loaded before working. When the page is not fully loaded and the user clicks on an image, the image will load directly without the script, so the script doesn't work. I have fixed that with a loading page script, this script blocks all user actions while loading the page, and gives a notification of loading.

See the script in action on beta 3 (it works also on 2.1)

page preloading / lightbox script: http://www.websitedesignstudio.nl/plogger3/?level=album&id=1
    resizing lightbox script: http://www.websitedesignstudio.nl/plogger3/?level=album&id=2
    Preloading page is on every page :)

If you have any suggestions, please contact me or leave a comment :)

Greetz, Sebas
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2006

It's beautifull! I just installed the latest nightly with the lightbox theme (embedded into my wordpress site). I love that window on top of the site. One problem I found was with that the vertical images were often a bit too heigh for the browser window, so you had to scroll to view the entire image. But with this option I don't need to constrain my photos to 500px. They can be 800x600 and still viewable in every window size/screen size!

I love it. Can I have it? :) :) :) :) :)

Here's my lightbox: http://www.spoenk.nl/fotografie/
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2006 edited

Sebas, very cool. You are right, the lightbox theme in the repository right now is not 100% functional, the overlay and the pre-loading screen aren't working.

I like your version better! Perhaps you could send me your modifications and I will add it to the repository in place of the old Lightbox theme?

mike at plogger.org

Thanks!

On a side note, Jack and Sebas, you guys have very impressive image collections! Cheers!
    • CommentAuthorSebas23
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2006

mike, i have send you an email with the needed files!

if you want the theme you can download it at:

http://www.websitedesignstudio.nl/plogger3/enhance/imagebox.rar

note: this theme is designed for plogger beta 3, please notice that beta versions can crash or blow up your website. I have tested it with the latest build from the SVN trunk. I will update the script if needed. So use it, but when it don't work don't blamn me!

Greetz,
    Sebas
    • CommentAuthorJohan
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2006

The link seems to be corrupt!
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Looks like .htaccess is redirecting traffic to his Plogger gallery. Johan I can email it to you if you want.
    • CommentAuthorJohan

That would be nice!
    • CommentAuthoralexx
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2006

this is looking very very good. almost amazing!
    I think that both versions, 2.1 and 3 should stay in program.
    v2.1 is more conventional and can be used for wide variety of "gallery's" types.
    what I'm missing in versions is next: it's made only for photos coming from the digital camera. Every photographer has loads of scanned photos without EXIF data, from the era of the analog cameras.
    second, this galley can be used for other purposes.
    But then is necessary to give a possibility to add more info below every picture, not exif data.
    I hope that Im not asking too much..?
    Anyway, I like this project and I would like to participate(css/xhtml only!) in my free time.. if possible.
    Where can I download v3?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2006

The old gallery style from 2.1 will be available as a theme in 3. Additionally, a plethora of new styles (e.g. Table free pure XHTML/CSS versions) will also be available. It's just a matter of selecting the theme you want and hitting activate.

I hear you on the EXIF data thing... the new version has a description field which will allow you to add any additionaly information you want about the picture. When you build your own theme, or modify an existing one, you an simply delete the EXIF data presentation and replace it with your description.
    • CommentAuthorSebas23
    • CommentTimeFeb 10th 2006 edited

Hi,

Thanks for the good feedback. The link was temporarly down because i had
    released a new version, i forgot to change the link... My first release did had a few bugs (when mod rewrite was on, the script didn't work anymore). In the new improved version i have fixed this bugs and improved the functions.

The new version can be download at:

http://www.websitedesignstudio.nl/plogger3/enhance/imageboxnew.rar

Fixing list:

- Script imported to head section, not anymore in imagebox.js
    - Description layout now in <a desc="...."> (album.php)
    - Removed some codes to boost up the performance.

Ill will make an tutorial for easy customization of the theme. Need some time
    for this, when it is released ill post it here.

Hope you like it :)

Greetings,
    Sebastiaan
    • CommentAuthoralexx
    • CommentTimeFeb 11th 2006

sebas,
    rar file seems to be corrupted..
    • CommentAuthorSebas23

Alex,
    the .rar file works okay so i don't know why you can't open it. Mike did also open the .rar file without any problem.

I have made an .zip file for anyone experiencing a corrupted .rar file.

Download imagebox (final stable release)

http://www.websitedesignstudio.nl/plogger3/enhance/imageboxnew.zip
    http://www.websitedesignstudio.nl/plogger3/enhance/imageboxnew.rar (same as my last posted)

Hope it works okay now!

Greetings,
    Sebas
    • CommentAuthoralexx

thanx, zip works..
    this is not the first time that I get .rar corrupted error..
    good ol' microsoft...
    • CommentAuthorpuk

thanks for providing the download, really like the look of this.

Is there any download link for beta 3? or do i have to use svn... as thats all new to me, if someone could point me in the right direction that would be good, cheers
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Because it's continually changing, we can't make a fixed binary of Beta 3 until it's released. We're working on it, but slowly, as so far everyone is a volunteer; though, if you know any software philanthropists, I'm sure Mike would be willing to work on Plogger full-time. ;)

In the interim, I would suggest using SVN because when we update files you can then get the update via SVN. I would suggest learning SVN, because (thanks to Mike and Anti) Beta 3 is already so worth it.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorpuk
    • CommentTimeFeb 12th 2006

Cheers Derek, managed to download the files with smartSVN, installed it but having some issues, as i know beta3 isn't recognised yet i'll play with it myeslf until the real launch of it, whenever that may be
    • CommentAuthornissai
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2006

is there somebody who manage to install Sebastian script to give me some tips to install it on plogger 2.1?
    Thanks
    • CommentAuthorjack

It should work 'out of the box' if you copied the folder inside the themes folder and activated it. What's not working?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

There is no themes directory in 2.1 jack :P

You'll have to integrate it manually by modifying functions in gallery.php. Probably not too fun =D
    • CommentAuthornissai
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2006

I saw you work on an integration of the script of Sean Mc Bride.
    Im really in hurry to see that.
    http://www.alwaysbeta.com/2006/02/08/building-ab-customizing-lightbox/
    • CommentAuthorvkaryl
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2006

I would have liked to download this to try, but your site seems to be down, Sebas.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2006

Email me, vkaryl, I have a copy of Sebas' .zip'ped theme.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorjack

The links work again for Sebastians site... (just checked).
    • CommentAuthorvkaryl

Thanks guys! Got it just now from his site, all's good. Appreciate the offer, Derek.
    • CommentAuthorSebas23
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2006

Hi guys,

My site was down for 3 days because i have moved my server to Amsterdam, it took 3 days before my dns was changed to redirect to my new ip adress. My site is up again and downloading should work again!

Iam working on a new release on the script but iam very busy with my school and bussines, so i hope to release it soon.

Greetz,
    Sebas

Greetz,
    Sebas
    • CommentAuthornissai
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2006

i try it. It works nice .
    may be you havre to add nest and previous when a picture is open.
    It's not very useful to get the clik photo to close because you have 3 ways to close.
    And the best effects are with this one
    http://www.alwaysbeta.com/2006/02/08/building-ab-customizing-lightbox/
    Thanks to share your work i'm really unable to do such things.
    • CommentAuthorSebas23
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2006 edited

Hi nissai,

First of all ill clear something out here, my script isn't a intergration of the link you showed me, i programmed it myself, and the site you gave, made it too. But i designed it for plogger and he didn't . Lightbox is only a name for the javascript function (there a 5 different version's of the lightbox script, resizing, normal, html). The script you did show me have a fade function, that looks cool, but its not, old computer can crash because of the script running and the script is only supported under internet explorer 6. My script works under firefox, internet explorer 5, 6 and 7) so i only want to build functions that work under all browsers. In my next version ill try to make a slideshow function, also with next and previous links to pictures. This is tricky because plogger is still beta, so if Mike changes the code, the script may not work anymore... so then i have to update it with every build, thats not very usefull.. the script i now released is universal and will work on every build of plogger 3.

If anyone has suggestions for the next version of my script, please leave a comment.

I hope to release it soon.

Greetz,
    Sebas
    • CommentAuthornissai
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2006

Thanks for your answer and for your work. Just I try to find new implementations of light box

I use only firefox and the script from "always beta" works

From the ligthbox script many people try interesting things
    http://particletree.com/features/lightbox-gone-wild/