Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorniceguy
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2006

I just can not get Plogger to be displayed in a table, div or anything else that can have the property "height=100%". I want to do this so I can give that table/div another background color so I have a nice column in the middle of the screen in which Plogger is shown.

Why is this? I'm no real newbie but I just can't get it done.
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2006

First your body should also be height:100%. And you can give #wrapper a background:#yourcolor. That should give what you want. But when your thumbs are more than your pageheight can handle, your nice backgroundcolor will end when you start scrolling. You could use a centered background image or put the whole plogger thing inside an iframe, but that's not a nice solution.
    • CommentAuthorniceguy
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2006

I don't even think body can be set to a certain height?

But then still I wonder why you can't put a DIV or TABLE with height=100% and a certain background-color like in all other HTML pages. It's like "100%" is just ignored.

Am I the only one facing this problem?
    • CommentAuthorjack
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2006

In your stylesheet:

html, body {
    height:100%;
    }

Setting a DIV to 100% is difficult, because it will always be 100% of that in which the DIV 'lives'. So if you have a table or a DIV set to height:400px;, then setting the inner DIV to height:100%; will make it also 400px; But you always have to set something to a certain height. Setting the body to height:100%; and your window shows let's say 532px, then your DIV will also become 532px, but nothing more. When you scroll down a page, that DIV will still be just 532px heigh.

A table might work for you, but that would mean that your entire website and/or Plogger should be inside that table, like:

<body>
    <table height="100%" bgcolor="#cccccc"><tr><td>

content...

</td></tr></table>
    </body>
    • CommentAuthorniceguy
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2006

Hi Jack, thanks for your replies. I'll work on it some more next week and post here if I found some spectacular flaw in the worldwide HTML standard, or, more likely, a flaw in my own little blurb of code!