Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorpcmt
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2006

I've just installed a test version of Plogger. I'd like to congratulate Mike and his team for an excellent application. I do appreciate its simplicity and that fact that it can be very easily dropped in to an existing website. I hope this doesn't get lost too much with future versions, with themes, etc. I looked at other php/mysql image galleries, and they seem pretty daunting to integrate into an existing site - and they have far too many features. I was looking for something simple but functional, and Plogger is it for me.

There are just a few validation errors - nothing serious or structural - and I'll be using the table-less version when that comes out.

Best regards,

Patrick
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Thanks =) The current test version is a little messed up right now, move and delete functionality is missing, but we are getting close to a solid release.

Right now, we are AJAXifying the app to improve usability in certain areas. Hopefully nothing too overkill. The whole thing has been completely recoded from the ground up. The new release will be made completely extensible for developers with the theme and XML engines. We should see some exciting things soon!
    • CommentAuthorpcmt
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2006 edited

Sounds great. The new version will hopefully still be functional without JavaScript enabled - or at least basically functional. Looking forward to seeing it released.

Thanks, and regards,

Patrick
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Yes, of course. Everything should degrade gracefully sans Javascript.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2006

I just finished reading Jeremy Keith's "DOM Scripting", so I'm working on some new functionality in Plogger as well. At the moment, it's more "proof of concept" that can be incorporated into the Plogger interface.

And yes, it's all designed to degrade perfectly... ;)

Regards,
    Derek