Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorSilentik
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2006 edited

Hi there,

First of wall, thanks for this fabulous project.

I recently found a bug under IE. Large thumbnails load randomly with a white strip somewhere inside the image, as if the loading wasn't complete, but it displays no error. Reloading the page solves the issue, and once cached, the image displays flawlessly.

I'm using latest beta, and the bug doesn't occur under Firefox or Safari, as far as I've been able to test this.

Test possible at: http://www.pierre-pression.com/test/plogger/

Anyone?

Bye.
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2006

It's evidently an IE rendering bug. Never seen it before, but try this: when you find a large thumbnail with stripes in it, resize the window so that the stripe is outside the viewable region, then bring it back in. The stripe(s) will have disappeared.

For the moment that proves only that IE is getting the whole image, but isn't displaying it properly (initially). Anybody else seen this behaviour?

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorSilentik
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2006

Though I didn't modify Ploggers CSS files, I was wondering if the bug wasn't related to my main CSS (though no IMG tag has been edited...).
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2006

Come to think of it, it could be the padding applied to the image (img) in the Plogger CSS itself. Because of IE's quirky box-model, padding is applied _inside_ the existing box (instead of adding it to the box, as per the standard).

What happens? Well, there is actually padding _inside_ the edge of the image that you don't see (because the image covers it). It's not a problem (doesn't look as good because you can't see it), but I wonder if some IE rendering bug is displaying this padding through the image? It's a bizarre notion, but there are a lot of bizarre IE bugs. This would also mean the padding is being transposed, because none of the white lines I saw were on the edge of the image -- they were all horizontal and near the middle.

Otherwise, it could just be god is punishing those who use an inferior browser. ;)

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorSilentik
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2006

Trying to do some trial error, I just added a comment line before de DOCTYPE, to put IE in quirks mode. As a result, the CSS didn't apply anymore, and thoses white strip don't appear too, given there is no "white" padding anymore inside the img box.

That means I should be able to resolve this issue by modifing the padding for img style..

What do you thing Derek?

Regards.
    • CommentAuthorSilentik
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2006

So did I... and this resolves the white strip issues... IE's rendering now similar to other recent Browsers!

Screw IE :evil:

Thanks for support anyway,

Regards