Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorniceguy
    • CommentTimeMar 8th 2006

I'm looking for a way to browse through all collections my Plogger gallery and be able to mark pictures. This way, at the end of the browsing session, I can produce a list of all marked pictures so I know which ones should be printed.

Otherwise, visitors would have to copy&paste all filenames into an email and send me this. I want them to be able to just click the images, and produce an email at the end with all the images' names.

Is there already a way to do this?
    • CommentAuthorjack

I don't think this is possible yet, only per page (by using the collected download). But what you want is 'almost' a shop of some kind, and there have been more topics about this (like this recent link: http://plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=495&page=1#Item_5). In a situation like that you could always have the choice of yes or no online payment, or just use the shopping basket to collect all the names/images.

Would really be great.
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Do you have any coding experience?

You could change the "download selected" functionality into a "mark checked" function. Users could check off the pictures they like, click "mark checked", and the filenames would be stored in some sort of session variable.

It would be very tricky for a newbie though...
    • CommentAuthorddejong

If you're more comfortable in Javascript, you could write a function that stores the values in a cookie and another that parses it to show the user which pictures they've saved, complete with URL's.

Regards,
    Derek