Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorbenhamv
    • CommentTimeMar 9th 2006

I've searched everything about importing in the forum that I could find (took about two hours) and I'm still stumped. I've noticed that I can import a few files at at time without much issue. If I'm trying to import larger files or too many files, I'll get the following message:

Server error!
    The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.

Error message:
    Premature end of script headers: plog-import.php

If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster.

Error 500
    www.indianhillscamp.com
    Thu Mar 9 20:08:33 2006
    Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_auth_pgsql/2.0.2b1 mod_ssl/2.0.54 OpenSSL/0.9.7e mod_perl/1.999.21 Perl/v5.8.4

I've noticed some discussion about file size so I've tried reducing that, however, I'm pretty much at a threshold and cannot size down much more or those that view them won't be able to print a full page photo.

We're a non-profit camp and are trying to upload about 60 photos a day so that parents can see their kids and know that everything is going well. I really don't want to have to use Fireworks and Dreamweaver as I've been trying to train someone to do the photo posts.

Thanks for any help or input.

Ben
    • CommentAuthorbenhamv

I've also contacted my host and they've asked me to provide them with the server requirements for this script so that they can check if there are some special modules that this script uses which are not installed on the server.

I mentioned to them about the possiblity of a timer setting on the server end that limits the amount of time a script can run. This was their response.

Thanks again.

Ben
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Sounds like your running into memory and script execution time limits.

Try adding this code to admin/plog-globals.php

@ini_set("max_execution_time", "300");
    @ini_set("memory_limit", "64M");
    • CommentAuthorbenhamv

Thanks for the response Mike, I really appreciate it.

That got me through the initial screen, so I can see the thumbnails now. However, when I choose the destination and then click import, I get the error I had before - however, if I do that enough times, I get all the photos eventually imported.

Any more juicy tidbits of knowledge you can pass along will be truly appreciated.

Ben
    • CommentAuthorbenhamv

AND, I'm now getting the blank screen issue I've seen mentioned elsewhere for the folder with larger files.

Thanks again,

Ben
    • CommentAuthorbenhamv

Odd... it magically works now.

Thanks!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Gotta love magic =D
    • CommentAuthorsire
    • CommentTimeMar 14th 2006

New issue with Importing.

I upload images 01.jpg .. 25.jpg into /uploads
    made a directory /uploads/two and uploaded another set of images 01.jpg .. 20.jpg

It imported /uploads first into Dirname, but then only a few left when I go to import for /two