Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcychong
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2006

Hi,

It's good to know this cool gallery is avaiable without any charge.

I have used the gallery(gallery.sf.net) and plan to move to plogger.
    However, I can not find the way to move menalto gallery(aka gallery from gallery.sf.net) to plogger smoothly.

I have used gallery v1.5 and v2. Is there any one who try to import the images and data from the menalto gallry to plogger?
    •  
      CommentAuthormike
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2006

It would be pretty complicated... has anyone written a conversion script? We certainly haven't...
    • CommentAuthorsire
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2006

With the FTP import it's easy to get all your images moved at least. Just FTP your Gallery directory large images into ploggers uploads directory tree. Then use the Import tab in ploggers admin to import your images.

Did you have a lot of comments that need moved?
    • CommentAuthorcychong
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2006

Well, a few comments should be imported too.
    Maybe I can import the comments by manually, but I wonder there is any smart way to do that.

Anyway, thanks for your comments^^
    • CommentAuthorsire
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2006

I have been moving an old gallery installation to plogger also. The biggest problem is with duplicate filenames. Plogger will not really warn you, it'll just corrupt your gallery with thumbnails to larger images that don't match. You have to rename all of your images, even in different subdirectories, to have unique filenames.