Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorzarron
    • CommentTimeMar 12th 2006

Hi
    I posted last week about limiting the zip file download options.

Please could anyone tell me how i can either;

1. Remove all checkboxes, and in album view change "download selected" to "Download album", where clicking would automatically download the entire album and nothing more.

This would be the perfect solution for me, I do however realise that it could mean a lot of work/time.

A minimal solution could be to;

2. Make checkboxes only show in album view.

A third quick n dirty option would be to include a link to a zip file I upload in the album view page, but I dont see a way to include any kind of text /link within each page.

The reason I 'need' it this way, is that if I have 50 albums I don't want people to download the whole lot in 1 go, rather I wish to limit them to downloading 1 album at a time.

Can anyone help me with this???
    • CommentAuthorddejong

There is a switch statement that determines whether you're showing "collections", "albums" or "pictures" in gallery.php. Find the one for "collections", find where the checkbox is generated, and comment it out. Then folks won't be able to download collections.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorzarron

hi
    many thanks for that, its kinda done the job for me as a temp fix:)
    I now have it set so that checkboxes only appear next to each thumbnail image but I'm concerned it might lead to a further problem.

To better explain the problem imagine this;

I have 100 images inside each collection and 10 collections inside 1 album. I have 5 albums. Total 5000 images.

If I have checkboxes at the album level then its only 5 clicks to download all 5000 images. Too easy and a possible bandwidth problem with big numbers.

If I have checkboxes at the collection level then its 10 clicks to download 1000 images. This *would* be perfect if a user could only select 1 checkbox at a time

If I have checkboxes at the image level (as i currently do) then its 1 click per picture. Possibly too many clicks - people need to click 100 times to get the 100 images. As I said its a fix but I think users could complain about it eventually.

Ultimately I think it needs a "select all images in this album" option on the page or a download this album option also in the page.

Thanks once again for the help. :)
    • CommentAuthorzarron

actually, i solved the problem by changing the checkboxes to radio buttons on the collections page - this only allows 1 item to be selected :)