Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorrenewest
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2006

Hi, I'm running plogger on an older machine and Ploggers performance is not really that good compared to some other gallery software I've tried out. The thing is that Plogger seems to generate the slide image each and everytime you click the thumbnail. Although this solves the problem of having to regenerate everything after changing the image size settings it does not seem to be a very efficient way of implementing a gallery. Especially when one uses large source images, as I do, the machine has to do the same work over and over again.
    If someone has a suggestion of how to change the code so that Plogger generates everything after upload and then just uses the existing thumbs and slides I'd very much like to hear about it.

thanks ,Rene
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

Well, just for the record, Plogger does not regenerate thumbnails everytime you view a gallery, that would just be silly. After they are generated once, they will display from the browser cache and the regeneration code will be skipped entirely.

Maybe there is another problem with your particular installation that is causing this behavior. Is your browser caching images? Do you have a link to your gallery we can see? What platform is your webserver running on?
    • CommentAuthorddejong

Keep in mind that Plogger (not just the browser), should be caching the thumbs in the ./thumbs folder.

I echo Mike's comments, though, that the software flatly should not be regenerating thumbnails every visit. If it is, something in the regeneration code could be getting triggered unintentionally (which wouldn't be the first time).

Regards,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthorrenewest
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2006

I've got my large thumnail width set to 600. When I go to a picture it generates a large thumb of 600 high. The condition in the generate_thumb function:
    ($thumb_config['filename_prefix'] != '' && $thumb_config['size'] != $width)
    is therefore always true.
    Bug?
    • CommentAuthorrenewest
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2006 edited

This is the bug:

Some lines out generate_thumb

// Set image height instead of width if not using square thumbs
    if (!$config['square_thumbs']) {
    $phpThumb->h = $thumb_config['size'];
    $phpThumb->w = '';
    }

This condition should also be taken into account when checking to see if the thumb has been generated before. Or it should not apply to large thumbs