Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorcardoso
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2006

Hi all, I have about 25 album categories under one collection. People can loose track of what's new on the gallary. Has anyone come up with an easy way to show a little red or "new" icon beside the album? This way people could visit only pictures that are new.

Thanks a million!!
    •  
      CommentAuthormike

You mean besides the RSS feed for every album and collection? You could display your five latest pictures on your front page using a technique described in this thread: http://plogger.org/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=225.

If you read through it, the start of the thread tells you how to show 5 random pictures from your gallery, and down the thread a bit there is part where I describe how to change the SQL to get your five latest pictures instead of five random ones.
    • CommentAuthorcardoso

Thanks so much for the help. I was looking for something along the lines of displaying a little "new" red icon beside an album if there are new images in that album... say within the last 5 days.

Thanks a million. Take care.
    Nelson