Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.10 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorShawn
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2006 edited

First I want to say that this is the perfect gallery. I was looking for something that was simple, clean and customizable and this is it. Great job!!!

I am the webmaster for a large Nascar/Drag racing site and have 1000's of images I wanted to post and many of them are either copy written or I have exclusive right to use them so I did not want visitors to be able to click the images and gain access to the full sized image. I saw two ways around this, I could either crop and re-size the images before uploading (way too much work for the amount of images that are going up) or eliminate the ability to click the image.

I chose to do the second, I also did not want the Show Details to be there so I eliminated that as well.

Anyone want this edited version of the gallery.php can download it at
    http://www.site-jump.com/files/gallery.zip

To see the changes you can go to my test server at:
    http://www.site-jump.com/gallery/index.php

Below is a copy of the READ ME file in the zip file.

What does this modified version do?

The first thing it does is:

It eliminates the clicking of the gallery image link to the actual full size image.
    It does not stop someone from finding the actual full size image on your server and downloading it. It will only stop the avid Internet user from getting the full size image.

Why would I want to use this?
    If you have copy written material and do not want your visitors to download the full sized image then this is an easy way to stop them without having to re-size all your images before you upload them.

The second thing is:

It removed the Show Details below the images. This is a great thing to have if you wanted to use it but in some cases a gallery owner may just want to show an image without the details.

The last modification I added was a notice before a user posted a comment for a picture that simply says:

Notice:
    Any rude or vulgar comments will be deleted.
    Do not spam the comment area, your IP address will be recorded. Any misuse of the comment area of this website will be reported to your ISP
    • CommentAuthorhcgtv
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2006

Nice mods, I would like to see this as an option in the admin area.

There are a few ways to do this, maybe tied to a user level or on a per collection or album?
    • CommentAuthorddejong
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2006

We have talked about this previously in other threads; please remember to .htaccess or otherwise protect your files, as they are still otherwise available on the server.

Cheers,
    Derek
    • CommentAuthordjsolin
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2006 edited

Nice mod man! That is just what I was looking for but I do have to tell you that when you chose to view the images through the slideshow, the link to the larger form of the image still works but since the script was disabled, it only takes me to my 404 page. Were you able to disable this part aswell? Please post updates to this. Thanks! ;)

EDIT: OK, all I did was to disable the linking to that image in gallery.php in the slideshow section of this file.
    • CommentAuthordiskodan
    • CommentTimeMay 27th 2006

Anyone have this mod? The url above does not work anymore.

Thanks,